Thread: Radiator Fan Not Working - 2008 LR2

Question Radiator Fan Not Working - 2008 LR2

I have a couple of issues which I need to figure out, so any help or suggestions will be much appreciated. First off I noticed that the A/C would warm up when the car is idling at a stop light or parked, and as soon as I get up to 30 - 40mph it will cool down again. I live in Phoenix, Arizona and when I'm driving home from work (about a 35 minute drive) the outside temp is 105 to 110 degrees, on average, and this is when this issue happens, however, in the morning when it's only 85 to 90 degrees the A/C stays cold even when I'm idling.

This first started happening a week ago. I started the car after work and the there was no sound from the stereo, it would change modes, turn on and off, but still no sound. So after spending 5 minutes trying to see what was happening I noticed that the A/C was not cooling down, in fact it was blowing hot, so I thought I'll get home and see if I can figure out what's going on. As I drove the air cooled down and was fine until I stopped at a light. I stopped at a place where a friend of mine who is an A/C tech hangs out to see if he was there, which he wasn't, I went back out but now the car wouldn't start, it would barely turn over, so I had another friend jump start it. I let it idle for a while so I could go back inside and cool off, but when I went to leave the temp gauge was on hot with the warning light on but there was no sign of it overheating (no steam or sound of boiling water), so I decide to drive it around the block and see what happened. Within a hundred yards the temp gauge returned to normal and stayed that way until I stopped at a light, and sure enough the temp shot to hot and the warning light came on, as soon as I started moving the temp dropped back to normal. When I got home I opened the hood to see if the radiator fan was engaged, which it wasn't, and even after a couple of minutes when it should have kicked on, it didn't. So I'm thinking that the fan relay is shot, but I don't know this engine or electrics at all, so I'm throwing myself on your mercy to find help

It needs to be diagnosed, however I have changed a large number of the fan assyemblies and the fan ecu's lately. It comes as a complete unit. You need to remove the intake to replace it however.

Thanks, this is the response I'm getting. Is there somewhere I can get the fan assembly and ECU?

Exactly the same issue that I am facing. I do not know what is going on, but I'm in Brazil and diagnosing this costs a hell of money and time. LR Services here are absolutely lousy, expensive and not always helpful. There might be a simple solution for this such as fuses for instance. I found that fuse F3 is responsible for the cooling fan, but I can't reach it or remove it. My LR2 is a 2007