Thread: Reduced engine performance P0087 fuel rail pressure too low Freelander 2 SD4 GS 2011

Reduced engine performance P0087 fuel rail pressure too low Freelander 2 SD4 GS 2011

my problem is, I have a freelander 2 2011 SDE GS model only 8000 miles on it when I import it from UK to Sri Lanka. When I was driving yesterday about 50mph I press the gas paddle so fast since I had to over take another vehicle. Suddenly Check Engine amber light came on and gave the msg "Reduced engine performance" so can't go over 4000rpm engine slows down. But vehicle don't get stop. But can drive if you drive around 50-60mph. also currently we have a problem in the country that bad quality diesel everywhere due to government has imported some low cost fuel. by the way i'm using Supper diesel, Anyway I took it to the LR dealer "Frontier" today. (use the scanner tool and found above P0087 only). And they clean the Fuel filter but didn't change that coz I had it change with them 2 months ago only 1000m driven after that,But they did show me some black/dark dirty fuel as per them it was taken from fuel filter. So they clean the filter and did some internal cleaning too. Then did a test drive and same problem came on when driving at 3000-4000rpm. So now I left the vehicle at the LR agent to check everything. They also said they will bypass the fuel filter and give some new diesel to the system and will check the vehicle again.
    So I’m waiting for a call from them. so i will update what happen after that once i have a new msg from LR dealer.

Quote Originally Posted by Slp View Post
    my problem is, I have a freelander 2 2011 SDE GS model only 8000 miles on it when I import it from UK to Sri Lanka. When I was driving yesterday about 50mph I press the gas paddle so fast since I had to over take another vehicle. Suddenly Check Engine amber light came on and gave the msg "Reduced engine performance" so can't go over 4000rpm engine slows down. But vehicle don't get stop. But can drive if you drive around 50-60mph. also currently we have a problem in the country that bad quality diesel everywhere due to government has imported some low cost fuel. by the way i'm using Supper diesel, Anyway I took it to the LR dealer "Frontier" today. (use the scanner tool and found above P0087 only). And they clean the Fuel filter but didn't change that coz I had it change with them 2 months ago only 1000m driven after that,But they did show me some black/dark dirty fuel as per them it was taken from fuel filter. So they clean the filter and did some internal cleaning too. Then did a test drive and same problem came on when driving at 3000-4000rpm. So now I left the vehicle at the LR agent to check everything. They also said they will bypass the fuel filter and give some new diesel to the system and will check the vehicle again.
    So Iím waiting for a call from them. so i will update what happen after that once i have a new msg from LR dealer.
    i think i shoud update you what happen after that. LR agent (frontier) manage to fix the problem with in a day even without an apoinment for the reapir. it was bad fuel so they clean the complete fueal lines, tanks and add a new filter, cost me a Rs 37000 but the job is great.