Thread: Lost my nuts

Lost my nuts

Just bought an 06 LR3 and didn't notice that it had a missing lug nut. Nearest dealer is 3 hours away and Autozone just laughed. Is there anything that will cross over like Ford, Jag, BMW?

Clay

You should be fine with 4 remaining on the wheel(correct me it I am wrong). Lucky8 can get them to you pretty cheap.
    Last edited by Gknapp; 07-11-2012 at 02:02 PM.
    97 Discovery 5spd (The Commuter)
    00 Discovery (The Grocery Getter)

Gee, I'd be careful but I agree that you should be OK until your order arrives. LR Lugs are uncommonly over engineered because they expect the trucks to be used hard. You can get online purchases mail delivered in 3-5 days.

Bill of Green Achers Farms
    Adventure for fellow Geeks! Geocaching
    Land Rover Repair Manual - Download Site
    1. 1996 Discovery I - Yet to be named
    2. 1998 Discovery I - "Kermit"
    3. 2000 Discovery II - Parts Donor

Red face Lost Nut

THanks for the tips. I contacted Lucky8 and they are shipping me a replacement. Great to know there are folks out there with LR knowledge and willing to share it.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Achers View Post
    Gee, I'd be careful but I agree that you should be OK until your order arrives. LR Lugs are uncommonly over engineered because they expect the trucks to be used hard. You can get online purchases mail delivered in 3-5 days.

Not sure how new to Rover's you are but there are a lot of online resources for parts. Here's one:
    http://www.roverparts.com/Parts/RRD500290.cfm

Also, being in Indiana, you should get aquainted with PT Schram. Repair shop, parts source, and all around wealth of knowledge and good guy.
    http://www.ptschram.com/

Edit: Just saw you posted while I was typing. Justin at Lucky8 is great, too.