Thread: Door Lock replaced, still a problem?

Door Lock replaced, still a problem?

Hi all, I just replaced the front passenger door latch/lock assy on my 2001 Discovery 2 because the door lock did not work. Installation went pretty smooth all things considered and it worked perfectly or so I thought. The lock operates fine and handles work well inside and out but if the door is locked and you try to open it with the inside handle it will not open even with multiple pull (as the drivers will with 2 pulls). Not only that but once you pull the handle from the inside while locked the interior handle will not open the door at all, even if I unlock the door. At that point I have to go to the outside handle to open it.
    Anyone come across this problem?
    Thanks,
    Randy

On the rear door, I'd say it's the child lock doing that. But the front passenger door doesn't have that. Are you sure you connected all the rods correctly (and none are broken?).

Bill of Green Achers Farms
    Adventure for fellow Geeks! Geocaching
    Land Rover Repair Manual - Download Site
    1. 1996 Discovery I - Yet to be named
    2. 1998 Discovery I - "Kermit"
    3. 2000 Discovery II - Parts Donor

Thanks Green Archers, that's exactly what I thought and I pulled the old assy out of the trash to check for any sort of child lock setting. Fairly certain I got it right and at the moment I'm waiting to hear back from Rover Parts to see if they have any ideas. If not then I'll tear it back open but I'm pretty baffled as to whats causing this. Again, all works well if I unlock the door before my wife pulls on the handle. Pretty wierd