Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Coil Helper Air Bags with a 3" lift

Or just wait until Tyler can drive his own Disco and offload half the cargo to his truck. You still get to pull the trailer though
    Last edited by Disco2Guy; 05-21-2012 at 01:51 PM.
    NCLR #70 BOD member

"RovrFlo" '01 D2 108,000 miles
    mods vids 2008 & 2009 trips 2010 trips 2011 trips

Yea, this is getting tough. My RTE springs are 3" -- and I've got a nice set of Bilstein Oil reservoir shocks that I love the articulation I get when offloading. What I need is a good solution to "stiffen the ride" when I am heavily loaded with gear. It works great when I'm lightly loaded. Sort of a airbag solution that I could remove when I go off road, which probably doesn't exist.

I may have to throw up my hands in despair, and live with the saggy rear end when I load it. As I see it, my options are:

1)Get a whole new lift setup. Not good, cause I like the 3" I get from Rovertym, and how everything handles off road. Doesn't look like OME offers 3" lift for me.

2)Put in some of those airbags inside the coils -- but risk ripping em up when I'm off road. I do some serious wheeling like the Rubicon -- and doubt they'd hld up from what I've heard.

3)Find some sort of drop in replacement spring that's more heavy duty than the RTE's. Don't know if that even exists.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by desertcrawler; 05-21-2012 at 05:18 PM.
    Chuck (KI6WSR)

2004 White Disco II with 3" RTE Lift with Bilstein Shocks, GBR 4:11s gears, Rovertym bumpers front & rear, 2 IPF HID lights , rear work lights, custom sliders, diff guards, gas tank protector. Warn 9600 winch, synthetic rope, 285/75/16 ProComp Tyres & wheels, Brownchurch rack, CDL Linkage. ARB Lockers Front & Rear, heavy duty rear axles, drive shafts, and CV joints from GBR. CB and Ham.