Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: holcomb creek run

holcomb creek run

Ran holcom creek this weekend with SCLR and a big thanks to keenan and scotts kid for spotting. Thanks for organizing the rune Keenan it was a blast and amazed yout truck made it... very nice.

We only had 10 trucks in attendance, 2 stock ones that required creative rock stacking and winching . The rock gardens were in creek beds, most of the dirt was washed away so rocks were completely exposed with runoff water and mud and rocks were dusty making traction hard and slipping off them easy. Thankfull for armor I used it all and still suffereded armor damage.
    Only 1 truck faired amazing and that was on 35s, he went through with traction control never engaged arb's and barely smacked stuff. This trail on 35s would be ideal but still real difficult with the nastier lines.

The easy out lines were hanging almost everyone up lol locked or not they were griding through and sliding off stuff.
    Lift, lockers and 33" tires will get you through but with damage to armor and hanging up with dragging and muscling through. Not the hardest trail by all means but wasnt easy and with rain runoff, no dirt filling in between rocks and mud/water on tires trying to climb rocks was comical get up on a bigger rock and then the truck lives down on the boulder.

We did well no breakage and the truck smashed sliders, bumpers and diff armor gashed front radius arm 3 of my 4 wheels suffered rock rash dura tracks hooked up amazing. Buddy with 35s walked through everything no damage but then Eric from tactical rovers and I were taking the hard lines on everything they went around we went through and looked for the nasty line.

The is what 35s looked like so you can imagine what 32s had to navigate lol.
    I've never ran 32s on anything I've had minimum 33s and 35s.

Last edited by bullcrew; 05-07-2012 at 07:41 AM.
    "00" disco II -cld- terafirma 3" lift 1" block front dI rear perch (4" lift) - TF 2" longer shocks (bilstein 12" sb on their way)- detroit rear / true trac front - Ashcroft HD axles front and rear - tf stabalizer shock - tactical rovers sliders and front/rear bumpers - QT diffguards guards - Crowne stainless red brake lines 3"+ - flex disc eliminated on rear driveshaft - duratracs 275/65/18 e rated

This was fun! It was nice meeting new people and I am glad everyone made it okay. Thanks Again to Keenan!

Here are some pics I took...

http://s809.photobucket.com/albums/zz18/respecv/

Keenan's Disco swarmed with Zombies!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN9239.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	1.87 MB 
ID:	28198

I was the most stock truck there with the only mods being a diff guard, steering guard and 2" OME lift running slightly oversized street tires. Thanks to all the spotters and creative rock stacking I made it through with minimal damage ( bent my skipldplate, dented my d/s sill in a couple of spots and tore a hole in one of my cats) Had a great time regardless and was nice putting a few faces with name's here on the forums. Ill post up video and pics once I have a chance to go through everything.
    Last edited by psykokid; 05-07-2012 at 09:38 AM. Reason: huked on foniks werked four mee

Quote Originally Posted by psykokid View Post
    I was the most stock truck there with the only mods being a diff guard, steering guard and 2" OME lift running slightly oversized street tires. Thanks to all the spotters and creative rock stacking I made it through with minimal damage ( bent my skipldplate, dented my d/s sill in a couple of spots and tore a hole in one of my cats) Had a great time regardless and was nice putting a few faces with name's here on the forums. Ill post up video and pics once I have a chance to go through everything.
    You still made it through...

dam double post..

I'm just gonna leave this here for now.. i got a giggle out of this bit when i was watching the footage from my gopro last night..

I'm just gonna leave this here for now.. i got a giggle out of this bit when i was watching the footage from my gopro last night..

Hahaha!

Lmao, that's funny.... didn't even see the go pro till after you were in the last rock section.... Keenan was eyeballing your camera....
    "00" disco II -cld- terafirma 3" lift 1" block front dI rear perch (4" lift) - TF 2" longer shocks (bilstein 12" sb on their way)- detroit rear / true trac front - Ashcroft HD axles front and rear - tf stabalizer shock - tactical rovers sliders and front/rear bumpers - QT diffguards guards - Crowne stainless red brake lines 3"+ - flex disc eliminated on rear driveshaft - duratracs 275/65/18 e rated

Quote Originally Posted by bullcrew View Post
    Lmao, that's funny.... didn't even see the go pro till after you were in the last rock section.... Keenan was eyeballing your camera....
    I normally run the suction mount either on the hood or the fender but i figured i'd might as well use one of the adhesive mounts on the bumper since it keeps it up out of the way and wouldn't get snagged by a branch or anything.