Thread: LED light bar

LED light bar

Thought Id share my new light with you. Rigid Industries 20 E series LED. It has a combination light pattern with spot lights in the center and flood lights on the outsides.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails rigid1a.jpg   rigid2a.jpg  

How did you attach them to the front bumper? I have been thinking about getting some LED lights but since they're expensive, I'm worried about theft. So I was thinking of making a quick-disconnect plug and mounting bracket. Or have them welded on....
    2000 D2 SD w/BFG MT 255/85/16, 3" lift, ARB front bumper, custom rear bumper & rock sliders, Mantec snorkel, CDL, KMC front & rear diff guard, Columbia Rovers gas tank skid, LR front skid, RoverTracks HD tie rod & drag link, BajaRack roof rack, GBR HD rear driveshaft & 4.14 gears, Trutrac LSD front w/Detroit rear locker, Ashcroft HD axles & CV, Polybush Dynamic bushings, blr HD engine mounts

2000 D2 stock w/BFG AT-KO 245/75/16, TF front & KMC rear diff guard, RockStar Fab rear door panel

Quote Originally Posted by yubert View Post
    ...I'm worried about theft. So I was thinking of making a quick-disconnect plug and mounting bracket. Or have them welded on....
    You'll have more time to load (and reload) if it's welded, but it's more sporting with the simple detachment!

Bill of Green Achers Farms
    Adventure for fellow Geeks! Geocaching
    Land Rover Repair Manual - Download Site
    1. 1996 Discovery I - Yet to be named
    2. 1998 Discovery I - "Kermit"
    3. 2000 Discovery II - Parts Donor

There is a factory harness plug just inside the grill. But, they are just bolted on (factory mounts). Rigid makes a weld on bracket but then you still bolt the light on. The housing, I believe is a cast aluminum. I will be putting my own choice of security nuts on it, in hopes to slow down that theft attempt. Green Achers my Glock is always full.

Here you go http://www.RigidIndustries.com/product-p/rgdsec20.htm switch to a weld-on tab for the mount rather than the cast brackets and you're golden.

Does your light have Weatherpack or Deutsch connectors on the factory harness? If it's Weatherpack, those harnesses are crap and I'd rewire, the new harnesses are a bit better, but I still wouldn't use them.
    If you can't fix it with a hammer, then you have an electrical problem.