Thread: 2000 disco lifted locked and armed for battle.

2000 disco lifted locked and armed for battle.

OK so the title sounds pretty bad@$$ and the truck is getting there not quite as cool as the title ...
    So this has been rehab not by choice but long story sort it has been given a second chance and went all out this time round. (THANKS DISCO MIKE)

All high mileage maintenance done in January, along wth gaskets, seals and headgasket job done rebuilt driveshaft and ALOT more.

Mods include:
    Terafirma 3" lift
    Terafirma +2" shocks with bilstein 7100 12" short bodies in next week
    Crowne performance red stainless steel ABS lines 3"+ longer and all 6 lines done (4 brakes and 2 on frame)
    Duratracs 275/65/18
    Rebuilt front driveshaft
    Terrafirma stabalizer shock
    Detroit rear locker
    Detroit true track front
    Tactical rovers sloders
    Tactical rovers rear bumper
    QT diff guards
    Tactical rovers bumper front on order and then winch.
    Rewired rear turn signals into upper light assemblies with amber bulbs in old reverse spot

Its a work in progress but its been fun

[

Detroit for rear and QT diff guard

Truetrac on right going in front

Ashcroft axles

Ashcroft axle getting ready to get swapped in the back
    Last edited by bullcrew; 05-11-2012 at 05:17 PM.
    "00" disco II -cld- terafirma 3" lift 1" block front dI rear perch (4" lift) - TF 2" longer shocks (bilstein 12" sb on their way)- detroit rear / true trac front - Ashcroft HD axles front and rear - tf stabalizer shock - tactical rovers sliders and front/rear bumpers - QT diffguards guards - Crowne stainless red brake lines 3"+ - flex disc eliminated on rear driveshaft - duratracs 275/65/18 e rated

That looks bad ass. Just another mod from recent and expensive experience find a extended breather kit for your axles and tranny. Mine were only as high as the tires and sucked in some major water. Cheap add on about 20 to 60 bucks depending on the kit and you can put it on yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by joshjflores View Post
    That looks bad ass. Just another mod from recent and expensive experience find a extended breather kit for your axles and tranny. Mine were only as high as the tires and sucked in some major water. Cheap add on about 20 to 60 bucks depending on the kit and you can put it on yourself.
    I have to anywase, the breathers oddly enough go all the way up in the engine bay up high. The rear is plugged and builds condensation in the 3rd member after a bit. I haven't looked yet but it should be a nipple, so I'm thinking some vinyl tubing and a clamp with a breather like we do on the desert trucks.

Any suggestions for a kit?
    "00" disco II -cld- terafirma 3" lift 1" block front dI rear perch (4" lift) - TF 2" longer shocks (bilstein 12" sb on their way)- detroit rear / true trac front - Ashcroft HD axles front and rear - tf stabalizer shock - tactical rovers sliders and front/rear bumpers - QT diffguards guards - Crowne stainless red brake lines 3"+ - flex disc eliminated on rear driveshaft - duratracs 275/65/18 e rated

Ya buddy I know these suck. I haven't been able to find a kit in the USA and all of the others are in the UK and I am not sure on the quality and how fast it will come. If you have any ideas let me know. The tubing is 6mm outside diameter and 4mm inside diameter and nobody has any push fit connectors.

looking nice, i have a D1 in the same colour and a B5 V6 passat 4motion as well.. too funny.

Quote Originally Posted by joshjflores View Post
    Ya buddy I know these suck. I haven't been able to find a kit in the USA and all of the others are in the UK and I am not sure on the quality and how fast it will come. If you have any ideas let me know. The tubing is 6mm outside diameter and 4mm inside diameter and nobody has any push fit connectors.
    I'll head to the medical supply store and or hose supplier, as long as there's enough to overlap ot should be fine then hook a small in breather filter on top of it in the engine bay.

Psykokid that's too funny, the 4 motion rocks on the passats. We are getting a toy 4runner here in a few months to replace the pass at. Been a great car especially back in bois in the winter..

That is a sweet looking rig!
    Aaron

"Life is to be lived.If you have to support yourself, you had bloddy well better find some way that is going to be interesting....And you don't do that by sitting around wondering about yourself"
    -Katherine Hepburn

Quote Originally Posted by Funrover View Post
    That is a sweet looking rig!
    Thanks should have some good pics from wildomar ohv tomorrow and holcomb creek next Sunday, get to stretch the rovers legs out a bit and work the lockers.

OK added tactical rovers front bumper, flex disc elimination kit and driveshaft for rear, spacing front up 2" and adding a dII rear spring perch tonight for additional rear 1".

Front sits lower than rear so 5" up front total and 4" rear, next is winch lights and bilsteins then rims and 34-35" tires then regear.

Here's a pic from Holcomb creek.

Eric from tactical rovers and i went left in the rocks to go over this, I'm lined up behind him
    Last edited by bullcrew; 05-08-2012 at 01:39 PM.