Thread: driving with a spare tire

driving with a spare tire

ok so i got a flat tire the other day im currently running a 255/70R16 tire but my spare is the stock 255/55R16...will it hurt any thing if i drive on it for a few days till my new tires come in. cuz i know with certin AWD cars having off size tires can destroy your center diff...

It can also destroy your front or rear diff. The differential will wear faster because it will "think" you are constantly going around a corner. When cornering the outside tire has to travel faster than the inside tire.
    Get your flat fixed ASAP and then go buy a spare that is the same size as the rest of your tires.

Relax. All the diff is doing is what it was designed for.

well the rest of my tires are are wore down alot so even if i replace the one flat one ill still have one tire taller then the rest same problem. im just woundering if it can be a big problem and posibly brake things if i drive it to work for a couple days till ican get the tires fixed.

Your spare is 3 inches smaller than your other tires. I wouldn't drive very far with that big of a difference.

Colin

Rental car: $35/day. 3 diffs: $2900. Worth the risk? You decide.
    Brian

06 LR3/D3 SE7, 275/65/18 BFG AT KO2's

thanks for the info just wanted to confermation on what i was thinking... well i just got some new tires