Thread: No LR4 issues yet?

No LR4 issues yet?

Not trying to jinx anyone but looking over the LR4 forum all I can find is Nigel getting a fault after putting bad gas in the truck. Is that IT after close to 2 years in production? Or are you all just happily taking all faults to the dealer for warranty work and not posting about it?

I was wondering in particular about the 360 camera option. Seems like a high end gadget that could go all kinds of wrong given time. How is it working out in the field? Any trends developing yet on common faults for the LR4 I should be aware of?

Luis

07 LR3 SE / 06 LR3 HSE

Quote Originally Posted by jantiz View Post
    Not trying to jinx anyone but looking over the LR4 forum all I can find is Nigel getting a fault after putting bad gas in the truck. Is that IT after close to 2 years in production? Or are you all just happily taking all faults to the dealer for warranty work and not posting about it?

I was wondering in particular about the 360 camera option. Seems like a high end gadget that could go all kinds of wrong given time. How is it working out in the field? Any trends developing yet on common faults for the LR4 I should be aware of?
    For the record it wasn't bad gas...

Only issues to date (22k miles)

1. Rough idle & CEL = Replace coil pack on Cyl. 4 (11k miles)
    2. Rough idle & CEL = Fuel injector cleaner (11k miles)
    3. Navigation screen blacked out and battery drained overnight = Radio software update (12k miles)
    4. Fuel gauge stopped working = Replace complete sending unit in fuel tank (17k miles)
    5. Vibration from front end = Replace tie-rod ends (22k miles)

That's all I have to write about! Otherwise the truck is incredible, it is awesome on the trails, has lot's of power, comfortable and tows well!

Camera option... I did not get it as I figured the truck would get dirty causing video to be useless and it would be one more item on the truck to damage or go wrong.
    Last edited by NigelCowan; 03-27-2012 at 11:03 PM.
    '96 Disco SD - 33" BFG's, 4.6 Motor, ARB Rear Locker, Ashcroft Front Locker, Ashcroft HD R&P (4.12), Rover Tracks HD F & R Axles, QT F & R Diff Guards, 2" OME Lift, OME Front Shocks, Terrafirma Big Bore Rear Shocks, 2" Rovertym Body Lift, Rovertym F & R Bumpers, Rovertym Front & Gas Tank Skid Plates, Rovertym Rock Sliders, Rover Tracks HD Drag Link, Rover Tracks HD High Clearance Tie Rod, Rover Tracks Steering Damper Relocation Kit, Rover Tracks Rear Trailing Arms, Tom Woods F & R Drive Shafts.

Thanks Nigel. I'm thinking along the same lines as you on the camera option. I think I'll try to steer away from it when I look for an LR4 next year. Not sure if you read my other post under "tire choices for the LR4", I've desided to trade up but I have to wait until I return from Afghanistan. No sense in buying a nice shiny LR4 now just to park it for a year Figure by the time I get back next year the used 2010 models will just start dipping into the "affordable" price range

Luis

07 LR3 SE / 06 LR3 HSE

Quote Originally Posted by jantiz View Post

No problems with the vehicle whatsoever so far apart from the 360 camera, one or the other of which is always on the blink and apart from the rear view camera (which is out of action) the others are quite useless. 27K miles in 16 months. A good chunk offroad in AZ, and some in UT, CO.
    KF7PVP
    11 LR4 with HD, RS III sliders, Sump guard, LED Aux lights front and back, #10 Powertank, GY MTR-K 275/65/18, Superwinch 9.5 SR Hidden Winch, Traxide dual battery, ARB 50 qt fridge, Front Runner Wind Cheetah rack, G4 ladder, Yaesu 8800 off second battery

Good to know. I will be in the market for an LR3/LR4 in 6 months. Sounds like Nigel had a few issues with his.

Not sure if I want to spend the extra cash for an LR4. I would like to hold-out for an HD model, but they are hard to come by. It will be my wife's primary driver, so it is not critical to have HD, but it would be nice to have if/when I start modifying it.

Right now, the P38 will remain the offroad/adventure rig for the next few years.
    2001 Range Rover 4.6 SE - SD rack, sliders, ladder, aluminum radiator, steering guard, axle guard, rear diff guard, Warn xd9000ce winch, ARB 50qt... no chrome