Thread: "Shrek the Second"

"Shrek the Second"

ive been browsing this forum for a while so i decided i would finally post a thread about my rig. i bought it in december for a great price because it had "blown headgaskets". so i checked the oil and it was milky and i towed it home and ordered the headgasket and bolt set from atlantic british. after tearing down the engine in my driveway over the weekend, i had the heads sent out and machined/ rebuilt and they were ready to go by the next weekend. i put everything back together making sure everything was clean and spotless including the gaskets and threads and everything. torqued the heads to spec (holy ^$^*@# it was scary using a cheater bar on a breaker bar trying to get those 90* turns) and it was ready to fire back up. turned the key and vrroooommmm it fired right up..... but was steamy out of the exhaust and the engine oil was getting milky. apparently it had a slipped cylinder liner. which is weird because i did my best to check for cracks and slipped liners but i guess i missed it. so i got a junkyard engine and swapped it in (again in my driveway) and it was about an hour after that i drove it for the first time.

its been an adventure but im loving it. im 19 years old and my first car was a 1970 vw baja bug and then i sold that and got a 94 zj 5.2L 4x4 and now i have a 98 disco. here are some pics of my old rides and the new one. i do all the work on my rigs and try and fab most everything i can cause its what i like to do

now heres the rover

98 Green Disco, 125k, OME lift, 265/75/16, steelies, ARB front bumper, 4" extended goodridge ss brakelines, XD roof rack or (SD low profile), engo 10k winch
    soon to come: Sliders, rear bumper with tire carrier, Bilstiens with redone shock mounts, castor corrected swivel balls, HD steering, stabilizer remount, 3 link front.. ugh i need money

looking good!
    1997 D1 6" lift 33" bumpers, glasspack ,HID's
    comming soon Sliders, toy conversion,35"s

Not so sure about Shrek the 2nd??? Shrek is a BEAST! Love the enthusiasm though!!!!! I prefer Baby Shrek...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	shrek baby.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	7.8 KB 
ID:	27971
    Sasquatch Rods, GoodYear Wrangler MTR 275/65/18, ARB BullBar, EP9.0, Hella 4000's Cornering

well i named the jeep shrek.. so the rover is shrek the second. and no i dont look for green rigs they kinda just happen hahaha
    98 Green Disco, 125k, OME lift, 265/75/16, steelies, ARB front bumper, 4" extended goodridge ss brakelines, XD roof rack or (SD low profile), engo 10k winch
    soon to come: Sliders, rear bumper with tire carrier, Bilstiens with redone shock mounts, castor corrected swivel balls, HD steering, stabilizer remount, 3 link front.. ugh i need money

Right on man! Good selection of fun rides!
    Aaron

"Life is to be lived.If you have to support yourself, you had bloddy well better find some way that is going to be interesting....And you don't do that by sitting around wondering about yourself"
    -Katherine Hepburn

Where were the pictures of your rover taken? Looks like Dishpan or Holcomb creek.

Join SCLR (SCLR.org) and come wheeling with us.

the rover pics were most all holcomb creek but there was one from holy jim. and yes id love to wheel with some local guys ill check it out when im out of class

installing my winch .. pics be up laterrrr!