Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wheel and tire sizing (look at this first)

too bad I have 15"s

oh well, standard tire sizes are easy to figure out.

Quote Originally Posted by ROVRMAN2 View Post
    http://www.clifton.nl/index.html?tyresizes.html

This is a reprint of his article that appeared in a defunct LR website.
    Thanks for the link Rovrman2 ...I have a question for the guys here , You answered a question about tires for my D1 a couple of years back , So here goes ... I am the owner of another disco ..This time it is a stock D2 ..question is , i need (want) tires for it ..Right now i have the stock 16's on it and am running 255/65r16 ..Will 245/75r16's be much taller ? I know they will be narrower ....But will a larger tire fit without much trimming ..I dont mind trimming the front bumper but i dont want to hack on the plastic sill guards just yet ? ...Oh yea , I was able to fit 255/70r16's on the D1 with just trimming the front bumper ...

Quote Originally Posted by roverich View Post
    Thanks for the link Rovrman2 ...I have a question for the guys here , You answered a question about tires for my D1 a couple of years back , So here goes ... I am the owner of another disco ..This time it is a stock D2 ..question is , i need (want) tires for it ..Right now i have the stock 16's on it and am running 255/65r16 ..Will 245/75r16's be much taller ? I know they will be narrower ....But will a larger tire fit without much trimming ..I dont mind trimming the front bumper but i dont want to hack on the plastic sill guards just yet ? ...Oh yea , I was able to fit 255/70r16's on the D1 with just trimming the front bumper ...
    You'll go from 29.1" to 30.5" diameter, that will give you almost an 1 1/2" more diameter. According to the article that Rovrman2 linked us to (if I read it correctly) that's your limit without modification.

Quote Originally Posted by DISCOkam View Post
    Thanks for the link DISCOkam, that's going to come in very handy!

Ricardo

Quote Originally Posted by ROVRMAN2 View Post
    http://www.clifton.nl/index.html?tyresizes.html

This is a reprint of his article that appeared in a defunct LR website.
    Thanks for the link ROVRMAN2, that's going to come in very hand too!

QUESTION:

2005 LR3 HSE w/19" rims...I KNOW, get smaller rims. This is our family truckster. I've got the larger etc. on my DII. Anyway, any recommendations for replacement TIRES that will replace original tires? I'm looking for a little more aggressive considering the rims are limited.