Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Reptar - Previously known as The Green Machine.

Took it out to Prairie City! Then took it out to a local spot tonight for a little photoshoot with my buddy... should be some really cool shots soon..

This was way more epic than it looks.

Is that Praire City now? Wow, I have not been out there since they started construction!

NCLR MORG in Sac very soon? Anyone?
    It's about people and the Land Rovers that own them.
    01 DII : 95 RRC LWB : 88 RRC SWB

wow cool shots!. Reptar is looking Good Others will disagree but i like the "cali lean" it has. mines sit the same way a little higher in the front.
    Last edited by disco12; 03-09-2012 at 11:26 AM.
    1997 D1 6" lift 33" bumpers, glasspack ,HID's
    comming soon Sliders, toy conversion,35"s

Quote Originally Posted by astateofmike View Post
    Is that Praire City now? Wow, I have not been out there since they started construction!

Ummmm....yeah! As soon as I get my new motor in I am so in! That place looks like a heck of a time!
    Jeremy P.

91' RRC Hunter Edition
    1995 RRC lwb

Quote Originally Posted by astateofmike View Post

I'd be up for that! Need to replace the accumulator and rotors/brakes on the RRC first...
    NCLR #059

Sounds like a plan, I live 15 minutes away so I can make it for sure!

A hour ago i had the idea of checking out the air filter. Maybe i could whack some dirt out of it...
    So I popped the hood and pulled the filter. Set it on the ground and half the Mojave desert poured from the filter onto my driveway. I ran for the air gun and shot air into the filter standing as far back as I could as I released the other half of the Mojave desert into nor-cal.
    I can't believe how much silt Max was able to pack in there.

Just took it for a test drive and It feels like I did an engine swap! WAYYY better!!! I can't wait to test my MPG's again after I do some more tune-up stuff. I think I'll be maybe even near 15 now! haha
    I used to half to floor it just to get up a little hill by my house without dropping in speed, now half throttle does the trick. Still a gutless v8 but much better.

A buddy told me my engine was moving all over in the engine bay so i checked my motor mounts out... one is ripped in half and the other looks like it's about to.

And just fab'd up a nerf bar for the bumper so I can nerf my buddies in traffic again.

pictures of the nerf....

motor mounts take a beating...

Quote Originally Posted by 1971Ford View Post
    Sounds like a plan, I live 15 minutes away so I can make it for sure!

A hour ago i had the idea of checking out the air filter. Maybe i could whack some dirt out of it...
    So I popped the hood and pulled the filter. Set it on the ground and half the Mojave desert poured from the filter onto my driveway. I ran for the air gun and shot air into the filter standing as far back as I could as I released the other half of the Mojave desert into nor-cal.
    I can't believe how much silt Max was able to pack in there.

Just took it for a test drive and It feels like I did an engine swap! WAYYY better!!! I can't wait to test my MPG's again after I do some more tune-up stuff. I think I'll be maybe even near 15 now! haha
    I used to half to floor it just to get up a little hill by my house without dropping in speed, now half throttle does the trick. Still a gutless v8 but much better.

A buddy told me my engine was moving all over in the engine bay so i checked my motor mounts out... one is ripped in half and the other looks like it's about to.

And just fab'd up a nerf bar for the bumper so I can nerf my buddies in traffic again.
    It's about people and the Land Rovers that own them.
    01 DII : 95 RRC LWB : 88 RRC SWB

Yeah, Max told me the motor mounts go pretty quick so he gave me two good ones just in case they ever failed.
    Just stopped by the Land Rover dealer ship again... they already know me...
    Bought a tiny little exhaust gasket for 28 freakin dollars.

So tomorrow I get to do motor mounts and exhaust leak fix. Fun

At least someone is not afraid to wheel it. Maybe PTSD from Calico.
    It just seems to be missing something from the truck. Just a little something missing. Hmmmm.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010199.JPG 
Views:	65 
Size:	799.4 KB 
ID:	27909
    Last edited by roverdude; 03-09-2012 at 05:25 PM.
    West Coast purveyor of early Land Rover Parts
    1995 LWB Aspen Silver Edition. AKA DudeMobile...4.6 chipped w cam & headers...4" lift with 255/85R16 tires (33")...ARB lockers front & rear...Etc, etc, etc.

Wheeling is lame, it's all about having 3 projects, but spending all your money on tools and having none left over to finish anything. Glad my hoopty is actually being driven, I was bored with it and have been for years, I'll drive it about as much now as I have for the last year.
    If you can't fix it with a hammer, then you have an electrical problem.