Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Reptar - Previously known as The Green Machine.

Thanks for my new background picture (post 7, 2nd picture). Very cool shots.

Colin

Nice pictures by the way. New snow up there, hope you had good time. Looked like some rigs near the trailhead to Fordyce when I drove by there on saturday. Where you there?
    Trail Checklist:

Rubicon (Buck to Tahoe in the rain/snow), Hell Hole

96 DI 5" RTE, GBR 4.11's, ARB Front and Rear, 35" KM2's, custom front bumper, custom rear bumper, Roof Rack, Bottorf Sliders, Superwinch, RTE steering skid, Custom front diff guard...other and more to come

Thanks guys, I can't take credit for the shots though that was all my buddy (well, I may have ran around like a monkey with a remote flash in my hand) with his Canon 7D setup.

Those pictures were taken on Latrobe road. 25 min. outside of folsom, past prairie city OHV a ways. I'm out there all the time.

I have a ton of pictures from snow wheeling today (nope we wern't by the fordyce trailhead, just mormon emigrant trail), I'll upload them tonight.

Right now I have a broken Rover to fix. haha

Quote Originally Posted by 1971Ford View Post

Right now I have a broken Rover to fix. haha
    Bummer, what broke?
    2000 D2 SD w/BFG MT 255/85/16, 3" lift, ARB front bumper, custom rear bumper & rock sliders, Mantec snorkel, CDL, KMC front & rear diff guard, Columbia Rovers gas tank skid, LR front skid, RoverTracks HD tie rod & drag link, BajaRack roof rack, GBR HD rear driveshaft & 4.14 gears, Trutrac LSD front w/Detroit rear locker, Ashcroft HD axles & CV, Polybush Dynamic bushings, blr HD engine mounts

2000 D2 stock w/BFG AT-KO 245/75/16, TF front & KMC rear diff guard, RockStar Fab rear door panel

Pinion bearing I am assuming. I can grab the yoke (pinion) and move it around. I pulled the third late last night.
    Going to have the ring/pinion looked at today and hopefully they're ok but we'll see.

Dropped the third member off, the nut just backed off the yoke! So they tore it down, checked it all out. It's all good to go so I grabbed a a new pinion seal from the Rover dealer and dropped it off. Picking up the third member tomorrow!

How we did not hurt ourselves I do not know, but I'm picking up a sweet saucer sled so we can improve our chances.

I found myself in several ditches.

This one... not my fault. Dumba$$ jeep driver thought she was the only person in the world and pulled out onto the road RIGHT in front of me. It was either I smash into the jeep or take the ditch.
    That's my buddy's jeep in the picture, not the tard that ran me off the road. They had no intentions on even saying as much as "sorry"

Last edited by 1971Ford; 03-05-2012 at 05:17 PM.

Glad to hear there wasn't major damage to the diff. Those LED lights sure look nice, are they Rigid Industries? Also, any damage from being run off the road by the Jeep driver?
    2000 D2 SD w/BFG MT 255/85/16, 3" lift, ARB front bumper, custom rear bumper & rock sliders, Mantec snorkel, CDL, KMC front & rear diff guard, Columbia Rovers gas tank skid, LR front skid, RoverTracks HD tie rod & drag link, BajaRack roof rack, GBR HD rear driveshaft & 4.14 gears, Trutrac LSD front w/Detroit rear locker, Ashcroft HD axles & CV, Polybush Dynamic bushings, blr HD engine mounts

2000 D2 stock w/BFG AT-KO 245/75/16, TF front & KMC rear diff guard, RockStar Fab rear door panel

Wentworth Springs Rd?
    Trail Checklist:

Rubicon (Buck to Tahoe in the rain/snow), Hell Hole

96 DI 5" RTE, GBR 4.11's, ARB Front and Rear, 35" KM2's, custom front bumper, custom rear bumper, Roof Rack, Bottorf Sliders, Superwinch, RTE steering skid, Custom front diff guard...other and more to come

Quote Originally Posted by yubert View Post
    Glad to hear there wasn't major damage to the diff. Those LED lights sure look nice, are they Rigid Industries? Also, any damage from being run off the road by the Jeep driver?
    Not actually sure on what brand the LED's are. Can't find a marking on them. No damage, luckily. Entire side of the rover was an inch from sliding against the mountain side. Real close!

Quote Originally Posted by sactodisco View Post
    Wentworth Springs Rd?
    Mormon emigrant trail

Rover is back in action!

Quote Originally Posted by 1971Ford View Post

Rover is back in action!
    very Good!
    1997 D1 6" lift 33" bumpers, glasspack ,HID's
    comming soon Sliders, toy conversion,35"s