Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Reptar - Previously known as The Green Machine.

Great job buffing. What did you use?
    What are your future plans for the swing away latch? You'll get tired of that wing nut pretty quickly.
    What are you using for paint?

My buddy brought over his Dewalt buffer, buffing pad and 3m compound. Not sure what exact buffer, pad or compound. We ran out of time so it's not done yet though.

Yeah, we took the trucks out the night I built the swinger and had to throw a latch on it fast so I grabbed those tabs and that bolt/wing nut that my buddy had laying on the toolbench. I'll probably just replace the bolt/wingnut with a pin.
    For paint I am using rustoleum.. brushed on. Rattlecan fades, chips and peels like we all know. Brush on does pretty dang good!

Probably a Dewalt 849 rotary polisher. Thats the most common polisher used for detailing.

Did you use a foam or wool pad? I would imagine it was a pretty aggressive combination to remove what you did. Have you seen it in full sun since compounding? If so, any holograms or buffer trails?

Colin

Foam pad. There are swirl marks all over from the buffing, but we still haven't hit it with the second compound.

Words cannot describe the amazingness of this beast.

I got stuck quite a bit due to lack of ground clearance

Last edited by 1971Ford; 04-01-2012 at 11:22 AM.

Picked up a beating stick... it even works as a flash light too. $30 for a 3 cell (D bat's) LED and 2AA LED. Love these lights.
    Also swapped in a Cobra 29 CB. This CB and the 102" whip I'm getting perfect a PERFECT SWR reading.

So i can get my stupid activities on video

Tire carrier reinforcement. Also reinforced the bumper mounting itself. Much more solid now.

Those D cell LED MagLites are the cat's ass.

Pretty dang sweet, glad to see it is also used!
    Aaron

"Life is to be lived.If you have to support yourself, you had bloddy well better find some way that is going to be interesting....And you don't do that by sitting around wondering about yourself"
    -Katherine Hepburn