Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I need more Flare

I ended up with the Flexi flares from lucky 8. The look good and work great. I was hesitant because of the cost and I didn't really like the exposed screw well look but I am happy with the finished project. I just wasn't getting the flare width needed from the DII's and couldn't find an attachment method I liked. The 75mm Flexi flares did require significant modification to the rear doors but it looks good now
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	1.65 MB 
ID:	29332

Stupid iPhone keeps attaching the photo upside down no matter which way I attach it grrrr
    Last edited by sactodisco; 02-12-2013 at 09:30 PM.
    Trail Checklist:

Rubicon (Buck to Tahoe in the rain/snow), Hell Hole

96 DI 5" RTE, GBR 4.11's, ARB Front and Rear, 35" KM2's, custom front bumper, custom rear bumper, Roof Rack, Bottorf Sliders, Superwinch, RTE steering skid, Custom front diff guard...other and more to come

Anti-gravity flares, SWEET!!
    Jason, how do you like those KM2's?

I was thinking your tires have incredible traction, but I guess it's the flares.

Colin

The KM2's are great. I have ran them in almost everything but really deep mud. So far the only things I have had issue with is getting them balanced witch I think is more a factor of the crappy wheel I'm running but other than that they have been great. I can't say for certain but I think they have slightly less grip on the dusty rocks then the toyos I used to run. Hard to say because the conditions were slightly different when I thought that. I have had them in the snow, on the road in the dirt, wet rocks, dry rocks, sand and light mud. So far no issues. They are however louder than the AT tires I was running, which is to be expected. Being larger and wider whey have more tire carcass to vibrate and lugs are much bigger so they do howl a bit at highway speeds.
    Trail Checklist:

Rubicon (Buck to Tahoe in the rain/snow), Hell Hole

96 DI 5" RTE, GBR 4.11's, ARB Front and Rear, 35" KM2's, custom front bumper, custom rear bumper, Roof Rack, Bottorf Sliders, Superwinch, RTE steering skid, Custom front diff guard...other and more to come

Flared

Quote Originally Posted by sactodisco View Post
    I ended up with the Flexi flares from lucky 8. The look good and work great. I was hesitant because of the cost and I didn't really like the exposed screw well look but I am happy with the finished project. I just wasn't getting the flare width needed from the DII's and couldn't find an attachment method I liked. The 75mm Flexi flares did require significant modification to the rear doors but it looks good now
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	1.65 MB 
ID:	29332

Stupid iPhone keeps attaching the photo upside down no matter which way I attach it grrrr
    Yeah I occasionally have same orientation issues with phone pics. I flipped my laptop upside down to view looks great
    97 D1 SE7 3"RTE lift 285/75/16 Cooper STT"s Rockstar bumps and sliders SD rack Hella's Ramsey winch RTE HD steering ARB locker(s) GBR rear axles RT HD front axles/cvs(and)RT rear links and more and more.......

"Now that's a tasty burger!" Samuel Jackson in PulpFiction

The Roccia Flares came with little caps you can put over the bolts to cover them.

Unfortunately I can't see your pics.

I have the screw caps as well but what I was referring to was the way the flare is shaped to allow screws from the outside. I would prefer to attach the flare from the back or use an adhesive like the DII does for a cleaner look with more fluid lines. Don't get me wrong I am happy with the flares. They look very aggressive and industrial strength with their exposed fasteners.

You Have Flare!

I was looking at those as well as the one's Rover's North use to sell.The D2 flares were cheap and have done the job(which was cover the cutting job I did for tire clearance).Took a bit of rigging with attaching in a reliable fashion.Required some modeling after some offroad thrashings.I'd go to something like yours if(when) I destroy or knock mine off.Good stuff.
    97 D1 SE7 3"RTE lift 285/75/16 Cooper STT"s Rockstar bumps and sliders SD rack Hella's Ramsey winch RTE HD steering ARB locker(s) GBR rear axles RT HD front axles/cvs(and)RT rear links and more and more.......

Quote Originally Posted by mick968 View Post
    I was looking at those as well as the one's Rover's North use to sell.The D2 flares were cheap and have done the job(which was cover the cutting job I did for tire clearance).Took a bit of rigging with attaching in a reliable fashion.Required some modeling after some offroad thrashings.I'd go to something like yours if(when) I destroy or knock mine off.Good stuff.
    Mickey, I'm assuming your D2 flares were used. What did you use to attach them to your truck? I have a set sitting in my attic I may toss on when I get bigger tires.

Flared

Quote Originally Posted by fishEH View Post
    Mickey, I'm assuming your D2 flares were used. What did you use to attach them to your truck? I have a set sitting in my attic I may toss on when I get bigger tires.
    Yeah,Brett they were used(I think someone gave them to me)(I would have accused you of that but apparently not) Attached with rivets where possible and some screws.Fronts way easier than backs.Cutting into door areas took a deep breath and some beer. I was concerned about them withstanding abuse off road but been on a couple of years.