Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I need more Flare

I need more Flare

Here is the situation. I have a 96 DI. I am running the 5" RTE lift with 35" KM2's on steel wheels with 4.25" backspace. I am getting some significant rubbing in the rear. I need to trim the fender up and want to add some flares. I know L8 carries some flares but they are almost $400. That's to much for my wallet right now. I tried the DII flares but it's not enough. I need something wide and long so I can have more than enough room for the tire. I'm pretty sure I'll end up needing to cut the doors, which I'm fine with but I want it covered up. I remember seeing the ECR discotech project but they wont return my emails. What do I do? Anyone have any suggestions or done anything with a flare designed for a different vehicle? Like a cherokee or similar?
    Trail Checklist:

Rubicon (Buck to Tahoe in the rain/snow), Hell Hole

96 DI 5" RTE, GBR 4.11's, ARB Front and Rear, 35" KM2's, custom front bumper, custom rear bumper, Roof Rack, Bottorf Sliders, Superwinch, RTE steering skid, Custom front diff guard...other and more to come

I used the DII flares on our 97 Disco and it worked perfect. I cut the doors, put some door gasket rubber inbetween the skin, and then sealed it all up. Did you trim the DII flares down or something. I had to cut A LOT to make them work right. You have to flip flop the backside. ie... right rear for left front on the rear door.

However, I need something to trim the classic with and looking at the universal flare stuff on Summit.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/PPP-52-192/
    88 RRC
    2002 RR 4.6 HSE

_o_o_o_o_
    |0_______0|
    [(O====O)]
    |//|........|//|
    |\\|-0--- |\\|
    |//|`````|//|

I've seen Jeep Wrangler flares on a Disco.

Colin

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	flair.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	31.9 KB 
ID:	27638ohhhhhhhh. Thaaaaaat kind...
    Sasquatch Rods, GoodYear Wrangler MTR 275/65/18, ARB BullBar, EP9.0, Hella 4000's Cornering

Quote Originally Posted by sasquatch View Post
    ohhhhhhhh. Thaaaaaat kind...
    lol!
    '94 Disco - Lots of mods and dents, scratches, and scars.

Wow great minds. I was thinking of posting something like that on my original post but I thought ya'll might have thought it was a bit nerdy. I thought of the cherokee flares also but they are almost as expensive as the rover ones.
    Trail Checklist:

Rubicon (Buck to Tahoe in the rain/snow), Hell Hole

96 DI 5" RTE, GBR 4.11's, ARB Front and Rear, 35" KM2's, custom front bumper, custom rear bumper, Roof Rack, Bottorf Sliders, Superwinch, RTE steering skid, Custom front diff guard...other and more to come

Quote Originally Posted by sactodisco View Post
    but I thought ya'll might have thought it was a bit nerdy.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	different strokes.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	6.9 KB 
ID:	27639
    Sasquatch Rods, GoodYear Wrangler MTR 275/65/18, ARB BullBar, EP9.0, Hella 4000's Cornering

Some Flare

D2 Flares added to my 97 D1.Fronts easy.Rears take a little creativity cutting into doors as well as mounting securely.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails photo.JPG  
    97 D1 SE7 3"RTE lift 285/75/16 Cooper STT"s Rockstar bumps and sliders SD rack Hella's Ramsey winch RTE HD steering ARB locker(s) GBR rear axles RT HD front axles/cvs(and)RT rear links and more and more.......

"Now that's a tasty burger!" Samuel Jackson in PulpFiction

Quote Originally Posted by Roveron View Post
    I used the DII flares on our 97 Disco and it worked perfect. I cut the doors, put some door gasket rubber inbetween the skin, and then sealed it all up. Did you trim the DII flares down or something. I had to cut A LOT to make them work right. You have to flip flop the backside. ie... right rear for left front on the rear door.

However, I need something to trim the classic with and looking at the universal flare stuff on Summit.

Got any pics? What size tires were you running with what lift?

Quote Originally Posted by Roveron View Post

I forgot about flip flopping the rear pieces behind the doors.That too.
    97 D1 SE7 3"RTE lift 285/75/16 Cooper STT"s Rockstar bumps and sliders SD rack Hella's Ramsey winch RTE HD steering ARB locker(s) GBR rear axles RT HD front axles/cvs(and)RT rear links and more and more.......

"Now that's a tasty burger!" Samuel Jackson in PulpFiction