Thread: Range Rover 01---Cold air Blowing on passenger side only......

Range Rover 01---Cold air Blowing on passenger side only......

So..I have had my 2001 RangeRover for 1 month and it has been in the shop for 2 weeks already...I just got it back and when I put on the heat...the driver side is hot as hell...but everything on the passenger side is blowing cold...my neighbor/mechanic friend says there is a electric door in the dash somewhere that must be stuck closed not allowing the hot air to blow into vehicle...lol...someone help me....thank you

Not to add to the possible problems list, but it also has dual controls (so He can cool off while She gets warm). Don't rule out the right side controls going down.

Bill of Green Achers Farms
    Adventure for fellow Geeks! Geocaching
    Land Rover Repair Manual - Download Site
    1. 1998 Discovery I - Kermit
    2. 2000 Discovery II - Parts Donor

Needs a set of blend door motors.. Fairly common issue

Thank You Thank You RoverTech18...soooo, is this a big job for my mechanic? I would hate taking it to dealer to be serviced, I know they'll try and bleed me...so while I have you here...as I said previous after the 2 week of owning this RR....I was in the shop....the head gasket went on me....that was just fixed after 2 weeks of being in shop.....now I'm having this heating issue which I thank you for diagnosing.....here is something else I have noticed...when I leave the vehicle over night or parked for an extended period of time when I come out the vehicle is lowered into the "loading" height...the suspension drops it way down...when I start it up it "inflates" to the proper heigt as indicated on the height monitor...it goes to the straight line light and stays there...is this something I need to worry about....or what's wrong with it now...lol...Thanks...Joe

As far as the blend motors it all depends how mechanical you are, most of the dash needs to come apart to replaced them, and they need to be calibrated as well when the job is completed. If the air susp is dropping down overnight then you have a air leak. Either from one of the airbags (most likely) or the valve block or one of the lines. It can be a problem as it will cause more stress on the air susp compressor having to constantly work to keep the car inflated.

Thank You again for taking the tim eto answer my questions I do appreciate it.....as far as me being mechanical, that just ain't happening...my answer to being mechanical is if I can't get it to work I start hitting it with hammer...lol....so now I'm curious what my mechanic will charge for the blend motors...his current shop rates are $100. an hour...I gotta think there is someone else out there more reasonable...but what scares m enow is the air suspension issue...I'm curious how big a job that is to correct...$$$ wise....and how much labor would go into fixing that....Thanks again...Joe

****Now that I'm talking to you you have me thinking of things I now notice but didn't notice when I was looking to buy the car....for instance...the center console where the window up/down swithches are....at night should all those buttons be illuminated when the headlights are on? because they are not....
    Last edited by BostonRoverGuy; 02-22-2012 at 10:36 AM.

I think the book time to replace the 3 blend motors is apprx 8 hours, the motors themself are abt 550. As for the air susp issue there are spring conversion kits which replace the air susp with standard springs.