Thread: Issue with hood alignment

Issue with hood alignment

Picture's worth a thousand words...

There are no washers behind the hinge nuts, and double checked everything. Hood is higher than it should be by the cowl. Any ideas what could be up? Oh, the hood shakes a little at highway speeds (guessing from all the air that's rushing under there or something...)
    NCLR #059

Hate to ask, but could the hinges be bent? Maybe you can check that?
    It's about people and the Land Rovers that own them.
    01 DII : 95 RRC LWB : 88 RRC SWB

Thanks for the suggestion. Was tinkering around with the hood and the hinges don't look bent.
    NCLR #059

Not sure, and said in PM, but maybe you are missing washers under the hinge on the cowl side?
    It's about people and the Land Rovers that own them.
    01 DII : 95 RRC LWB : 88 RRC SWB

I've been trying to figure a way to resolve this issue. The hood hinges are non-adjustable where they bolt to the body structure, but with a little work a Dremel I could make them adjustable. They bolt to the body on a vertical surface, so washers would only move the hood back, not up or down. Ovaling the bolt holes would allow the hood to drop a bit in back, but that's the really only the answer after exhausting all other possibilities. I'll look at it when I come down to do the brakes and stuff.
    '91 RRC-4.2, R380, LT230, GDE bumper with Smittybuilt 8K winch, Custom 3" lift, 33's, Equipe trailing arms, Rock Ware sliders, Custom diff guards, Maxyedor HD steering, TT/Detroit, Rovertracks axles
    '61 Series II 88"
    '95 D90
    '94 RRC County LWB

"There are three kinds of men: The one that learns by reading, the few who learn by observation and the rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves." -Will Rogers

Nick...............I know this may sound dumb, but check the hinge to hood bolts. If the front bolts are a bit loose & the rears more so, it will let the rear lift up & vibrate at speed. If the hinges are flat, & the hood pulled down tight...............it should sit level.
    "I am never more serious than when I am joking."

The bolts are tight...I know, I put 'em in!
    '91 RRC-4.2, R380, LT230, GDE bumper with Smittybuilt 8K winch, Custom 3" lift, 33's, Equipe trailing arms, Rock Ware sliders, Custom diff guards, Maxyedor HD steering, TT/Detroit, Rovertracks axles
    '61 Series II 88"
    '95 D90
    '94 RRC County LWB

"There are three kinds of men: The one that learns by reading, the few who learn by observation and the rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves." -Will Rogers

Please accept my most humble apology..........I now go back under my rock.

No, no...you can stay out here with the rest pf us, Steve...it's okay, really!
    '61 Series II 88"
    '95 D90
    '94 RRC County LWB

Quote Originally Posted by TigerDan View Post
    No, no...you can stay out here with the rest pf us, Steve...it's okay, really!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	img001.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	16.3 KB 
ID:	27613

No problem, Dan. I've been feeling a bit vulnerable the past week. We made spring semester tuition payments, I sent off a couple of large parts orders, & the estrogen bubble burst in our house................all 4 of them at once! This week, "under the rock" is safe, cozy, & I just have to tolerate myself. Now, back to the thread.......