Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: can a gems motor be converted to Bosch?

can a gems motor be converted to Bosch?

I have found a Gems 4.6 and was wondering if it can be converted to he Bosch type. I have a 2 Bosch 4.0's right now and wondering if I. put everything from the Bosch on he gems longblock with that work?
    NCLR VP HAM KJ7RRC
    93 LWB RRC 3 inch rte lt-230, 35x12.5/15 bfg km2, GBR 4.14 with trutracs front and rear, Rovertracks front Hd axles and cv's, Ashcroft Hd rear axles,
    Rte rear trailing arms,Warn 8k, Custom bumpers front and rear, Flowmaster exhaust ,custom sliders GRB F+R driveshaft, RTE steering links. 12 in Bilstien 7100's

I believe if you swap the cam, crank, pistons and rods from the 4.6 gems block to the 4.0 bosch block you will have yourself a 4.6 bosch motor.

Only problem is the block in mine is bad. Slipped liner.
    NCLR VP HAM KJ7RRC
    93 LWB RRC 3 inch rte lt-230, 35x12.5/15 bfg km2, GBR 4.14 with trutracs front and rear, Rovertracks front Hd axles and cv's, Ashcroft Hd rear axles,
    Rte rear trailing arms,Warn 8k, Custom bumpers front and rear, Flowmaster exhaust ,custom sliders GRB F+R driveshaft, RTE steering links. 12 in Bilstien 7100's

And I get crap for owning a Toyota!
    I spend more time fixing things than using them. My motto is " If it breaks.... F it I'll weld it"

Hey watch it. this is for the Truck i just bought knowing it had a bad motor.
    NCLR VP HAM KJ7RRC

if you want to use the gems long block with the bosch sensors and such you have to change the crank position sensor mounting as they are different between bosch and gems. When you said you had two 4.0 motors i figured at least one was useable. Slipped liner in one, whats wrong with the other?

You should get a hold of Dan. He might know more than us.
    I spend more time fixing things than using them. My motto is " If it breaks.... F it I'll weld it"

Colin,

I have 2 4.6 motors one of them is top hatted but have no idea what injection they came with but I think they came out of later P38's??

Any use to you?? call me.
    95 4.6 Range Rover LWB 25th anniversary (Rovage)50230 cam/RPI ECU
    04 Range Rover
    87 white RRC
    93 Range Rover LWB Crawler 4.6

Traversing Defense Mine Waterfall
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqczzhsWOh8

NCLR #93

I will give you a buzz
    NCLR VP HAM KJ7RRC

jerk. No phone call, no return message. You have engines laying around? Jerk.

Do you know enough about Westfalia's to look at one for me?
    It's about people and the Land Rovers that own them.
    01 DII : 95 RRC LWB : 88 RRC SWB