Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A different approach to the washer bottle relocation mod???

The water pressure coming out of the jets hasn't been very strong for the past few days. It got to the point where the stream wasn't hitting the windshield. So today I disconnected some of the fittings to determine where the blockage was.

The offending piece was the inline, one-way valve fitting. It's just before the T connector that splits the hose to the driver/passenger jet nozzles. This valve prevents the fluid from draining back into the tank when the pumps turn off. There is a small ball bearing and spring inside the fitting to control the flow, and it became clogged with some PVC shavings. I only had canned air (to clean keyboards) but it was enough to blow out the shavings. I also used a small allen wrench to compress the bearing and spring to get everything cleared out. The barb fitting for the driver's nozzle broke while removing the one-way valve. A little gel type super glue worked great to reconnect the two pieces.

I haven't measured the capacity of the tank from empty, but it can hold at least 1 liter of water.
    NCLR #70 BOD member

"RovrFlo" '01 D2 108,000 miles
    mods vids 2008 & 2009 trips 2010 trips 2011 trips

I like it... simple and smart. You smarty!!! I can P-Fab you anything you like Brenton. Skid plate is my middle name. Okay it isn't really but " P-Fab" should be.... LOL.

Hit me up if you want to get something going this week. I'm free for a few more days. The wedding is on the 19th. THIS MONTH!!!! AYE
    I spend more time fixing things than using them. My motto is " If it breaks.... F it I'll weld it"

How is your mod working to date?
    TheBeaz~

2000 D2 Amigo free, IPOD Friendly, GBR DriveShafts, 305/70/16 Yoko's, Superwinch EPI9.0S, Equipe F&R Diff Guards, Southdown Snorkel, more to come....

It's been great! I haven't had any issues with it since the install.

Thanks for the checkup
    NCLR #70 BOD member

"RovrFlo" '01 D2 108,000 miles
    mods vids 2008 & 2009 trips 2010 trips 2011 trips

I found a solution. Napa offers a universal reservoir (it's on the small side, but hey, it'll work!). It comes with an external pump, but has enough real estate that you could do like others have done and drill holes for the factory pumps. It'll fit perfectly in the space where the factory jack used to be, once you cut the plastic. I'll look at getting around to it in the near future and take lots of photos.

Napa part number is 665-1594, ran me $32...with a military discount, $36 normally.
    Last edited by 03LRMedic; 02-05-2016 at 07:22 PM. Reason: Add price
    03 D2S green 13xk mis, Cannibal V8 sig LB, GBRUtah front driveshaft, TF HD 3", HP Watts linkage, 33" Nitto Trail Grapplers on Pro-Comp 16x8 steels x5, custom spare mount, Bearmach front bumper w/ 20" LED light bar, Warn X8.5i w/ syn line, TR rear bumper/diff guards, HD steering link kit, brass diff plugs, warm climate cooling kit, 04 CDL w/ D1 linkage, sway bar/crossmember delete, 200amp alternator, snorkel, Pioneer stereo.

Needs moar lift/trim/truetracs/shafts.

Still working Brenton?

Quote Originally Posted by Disco2Guy View Post
    It's been great! I haven't had any issues with it since the install.

Thanks for the checkup
    Mine took a hit, so I'm thinking about copying your install. Did you end up with a skid plate or something for the pumps, or are they holding up Ok?
    Chuck (KI6WSR)

2004 White Disco II with 3" RTE Lift with Bilstein Shocks, GBR 4:11s gears, Rovertym bumpers front & rear, 2 IPF HID lights , rear work lights, custom sliders, diff guards, gas tank protector. Warn 9600 winch, synthetic rope, 285/75/16 ProComp Tyres & wheels, Brownchurch rack, CDL Linkage. ARB Lockers Front & Rear, heavy duty rear axles, drive shafts, and CV joints from GBR. CB and Ham.