Thread: Old pic just found.

Fairport, NY

Old pic just found.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Temporary picture folder 024.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	790.5 KB 
ID:	26989

Ran into this from our tour of the country in 2001-2. Death Valley. I took the Rover on a fairly fast run from the main campground there to this spot. Loosened an Exhaust>Cat bolt doing the run. LR Las Vegas tried to sell me a complete new manifold. I had to tell him to just tighten the bolt. Ten years later, the bolt is still holding. Go figure.

It was a great couple of hours doing this Just me, my Rover, and the dirt road.
    Disco I SD '99 Stock 144k mi. New stock suspension, new steering box, new rear shaft joints, Cooper Discovery ATR's and announcing a totally redone set of heads. May 2013: Brakes converted to Defender style: Calipers, stainless flex lines, drilled, slotted and vented rotors. Stops like it hit a wall when you stand on them now!
    12-2016 update: Coopers are done. Michelin Defender LTXs on the way!

Ripon, Ca. (That's not England chaps)
    Looks like some of the things we stumble past every year while doing the GBES Navigational Rally (in Northern Nevada). I love the adventure as you never know what you'll find - like here at Crankshaft Crossing!

By the way, my D1 was loose when I got it and not long after I tightened all the bolts so I replaced all the studs/nuts and haven't had a problem since.

Bill of Green Achers Farms
    Adventure for fellow Geeks! Geocaching
    Land Rover Repair Manual - Download Site
    1. 1996 Discovery I - Yet to be named
    2. 1998 Discovery I - "Kermit"
    3. 2000 Discovery II - Parts Donor