Thread: Old pic just found.

Old pic just found.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Temporary picture folder 024.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	790.5 KB 
ID:	26989

Ran into this from our tour of the country in 2001-2. Death Valley. I took the Rover on a fairly fast run from the main campground there to this spot. Loosened an Exhaust>Cat bolt doing the run. LR Las Vegas tried to sell me a complete new manifold. I had to tell him to just tighten the bolt. Ten years later, the bolt is still holding. Go figure.

It was a great couple of hours doing this Just me, my Rover, and the dirt road.
    Brockflock
    Disco I SD '99 Stock 144k mi. New stock suspension, new steering box, new rear shaft joints, Cooper Discovery ATR's and announcing a totally redone set of heads. May 2013: Brakes converted to Defender style: Calipers, stainless flex lines, drilled, slotted and vented rotors. Stops like it hit a wall when you stand on them now!
    12-2016 update: Coopers are done. Michelin Defender LTXs on the way!

Looks like some of the things we stumble past every year while doing the GBES Navigational Rally (in Northern Nevada). I love the adventure as you never know what you'll find - like here at Crankshaft Crossing!

By the way, my D1 was loose when I got it and not long after I tightened all the bolts so I replaced all the studs/nuts and haven't had a problem since.

Bill of Green Achers Farms
    Adventure for fellow Geeks! Geocaching
    Land Rover Repair Manual - Download Site
    1. 1996 Discovery I - Yet to be named
    2. 1998 Discovery I - "Kermit"
    3. 2000 Discovery II - Parts Donor