Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Tire Carrier for RRC

I am looking into it. I'll send you a PM soon.
    I spend more time fixing things than using them. My motto is " If it breaks.... F it I'll weld it"

So I'm catching up with my work again. I got two more trucks to get on. I'm currently working on building sliders for John on his D2. I'm using some super heavy duty steel. No way it will ever bend or dent. That's how I build here. No questions about it. I also took on a tire carrier addition on the same truck. It already has one made from a previous owner. 4x4Labs. The guy did some great work but he no longer does this apparently. So I was called into service for this. The stopper for the gate was broken in which causing the gas shock to break off. Some little up grades like adding a gas can holder to the set up as well. But this is better shown in pictures. So here you go.

old gas shock ( should of took one with it open before I did more work)

after the new shock was welded in place.

notice new location and how the shock is pushing the tire carrier back into the truck from rattles.

the new stopper in place. It was a pain to get to in this tight cramped corner.

Now it opens wider and not going to hit the gate.

I spend more time fixing things than using them. My motto is " If it breaks.... F it I'll weld it"

Any updates? People want to know and see.
    West Coast purveyor of early Land Rover Parts
    1995 LWB Aspen Silver Edition. AKA DudeMobile...4.6 chipped w cam & headers...4" lift with 255/85R16 tires (33")...ARB lockers front & rear...Etc, etc, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by roverdude View Post
    Any updates? People want to know and see.

If your referring to Johns sliders, I had to take these pictures and put them into private. I don't want to release those out since there was some conflicts there. A few months had passed and we can to a resolution and hashed things out. I don't see him on the forums much but I'm thinking he likes the work and won't be returning to "P Fab" for any more projects. Oh well. Put it in the past and move on.

I really liked the way things looked after all that time I spend on them but I feel like I can't show it off do to the ordeal. Sorry folks. I didn't realize how long it took to build those sliders. But I'm up for another set for my D1 in the near future. I might just go and get it going again.

As far as the other projects.... well I'm currently working on my trailer build. http://www.lrrforums.com/showthread....tility-trailer

Kind of want to get back to the original post and get updates on the tire carrier. Thanks.
    West Coast purveyor of early Land Rover Parts
    1995 LWB Aspen Silver Edition. AKA DudeMobile...4.6 chipped w cam & headers...4" lift with 255/85R16 tires (33")...ARB lockers front & rear...Etc, etc, etc.

Not much progress on any other projects. I finished the two tire carriers and I have the final product of them on the two Youtube videos.

I kept busy with my latest project of trailer builds. Nothing new other than that.