Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Tire Carrier for RRC

I've come to the conclusion that powdercoat sucks for off-road gear. You get a little scrape or scratch, water gets in and it it starts to eat away at the metal without your having a clue at the damage that's being done to the metal underneath the pretty powdercoated finish...till the powdercoating just peels off and reveals the mess! The alternative if you do have a powdercoated item is to touch up the scratches with paint and seal them up every time you get back on pavement after a trip.

VHT makes a nice rattle can roll bar finish that I've been using, might want to look into it:

http://www.amazon.com/VHT-SP671-Sati.../dp/B000CPAVI4

BTW, Nick should have his RRC back on Tuesday...
    '91 RRC-4.2, R380, LT230, GDE bumper with Smittybuilt 8K winch, Custom 3" lift, 33's, Equipe trailing arms, Rock Ware sliders, Custom diff guards, Maxyedor HD steering, TT/Detroit, Rovertracks axles
    '61 Series II 88"
    '95 D90
    '94 RRC County LWB

"There are three kinds of men: The one that learns by reading, the few who learn by observation and the rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves." -Will Rogers

https://picasaweb.google.com/1072018...eat=directlink
    Oh man... I'm done with the tire carrier. I got it done just before MORG Today. I had it half painted and handed it over to Nick. Getting to load pics from the final result.
    I spend more time fixing things than using them. My motto is " If it breaks.... F it I'll weld it"

Before

After

I spend more time fixing things than using them. My motto is " If it breaks.... F it I'll weld it"

Videos coming soon.

This tire carrier might just start something..... I love the design! It came out better than I thought. I think the more time I spent building it, the cleaner it came out. I really like the gas shocks. They do exactly what they should.

very good pedram I like it alot Bro
    1997 D1 6" lift 33" bumpers, glasspack ,HID's
    comming soon Sliders, toy conversion,35"s

Very good video.

I like your motto too.
    1997 D1 6" lift 33" bumpers, glasspack ,HID's
    comming soon Sliders, toy conversion,35"s

I'm glad it came out as good as it did.