Thread: ARB for an LR4???

ARB for an LR4???

Does anyone know if there is an aftermarket bumper like an ARB available for the LR4? I can't seem to find anything?

Thanks,

Nigel
    '96 Disco SD - 33" BFG's, 4.6 Motor, ARB Rear Locker, Ashcroft Front Locker, Ashcroft HD R&P (4.12), Rover Tracks HD F & R Axles, QT F & R Diff Guards, 2" OME Lift, OME Front Shocks, Terrafirma Big Bore Rear Shocks, 2" Rovertym Body Lift, Rovertym F & R Bumpers, Rovertym Front & Gas Tank Skid Plates, Rovertym Rock Sliders, Rover Tracks HD Drag Link, Rover Tracks HD High Clearance Tie Rod, Rover Tracks Steering Damper Relocation Kit, Rover Tracks Rear Trailing Arms, Tom Woods F & R Drive Shafts.

Quote Originally Posted by NigelCowan View Post
    Does anyone know if there is an aftermarket bumper like an ARB available for the LR4? I can't seem to find anything?

Thanks,

Nigel

here is a link to the ARB Australia web page and it looks like they have one, though doesn't appear to fit the V8 for some reason. May be worth calling them to see why:

http://www.arb.com.au/products/arb-p...-bars/3432200/

I thought the frame and bumper structure was essentially the same which would allow the lr3 bumper to fit. Just trim the panels differently.

Quote Originally Posted by LR3project View Post
    I thought the frame and bumper structure was essentially the same which would allow the lr3 bumper to fit. Just trim the panels differently.
    The ARB for the LR3 bolts up to the LR4 no problem. It's just the fact that the gap between the top of the LR3 ARB bumper and the bottom of the headlights and grill on the LR4 is anywhere from 1" to 2 1/2". That's just too much space for me. Gave up on the fabricated/steel bumper and decided to go with a hidden winch setup.
    '96 Disco SD - 33" BFG's, 4.6 Motor, ARB Rear Locker, Ashcroft Front Locker, Ashcroft HD R&P (4.12), Rover Tracks HD F & R Axles, QT F & R Diff Guards, 2" OME Lift, OME Front Shocks, Terrafirma Big Bore Rear Shocks, 2" Rovertym Body Lift, Rovertym F & R Bumpers, Rovertym Front & Gas Tank Skid Plates, Rovertym Rock Sliders, Rover Tracks HD Drag Link, Rover Tracks HD High Clearance Tie Rod, Rover Tracks Steering Damper Relocation Kit, Rover Tracks Rear Trailing Arms, Tom Woods F & R Drive Shafts.

I like the hidden idea for the lr3/4. Much lighter.

Doing it all again, I'd have a lot less steel, even though it's more durable.
    2007 LR3 HSE since new - ARB front + winch, Kaymar rear, full Rasta plates, RS slider/sills, dual battery, 2nd air tank on demand, 265x65x18 bfg at, Hannibal rack and awnings.
    2004 Discovery II since 2006 - OME +2"/BFG 265/75x16", dual battery, air tank, Hannibal roof rack
    1996 Discovery I since 2001 - 230,000 miles and running fine

In addition to the ARB being more durable, it also gives the LR3/4 more character. I get more complements on my LR3 now with the ARB bumper on it, than I ever did just having the regular bump. It gives the LR3/4 that extra tough look that matches what its truly capable of.
    Last edited by perkj; 01-27-2012 at 05:34 PM.