Thread: MaxTrax

MaxTrax

I have searched and see where some people have used these. Are they sand ladders or a variation? Would you want to have both, or buy one before the other? Good for sand, snow, mud, etc? And more importantly do they work? Do they last?

http://www.maxtrax.com.au/
    Last edited by Rover_Hokie; 09-28-2011 at 10:28 PM.
    Tony

Black '01 D2 148K AMSOIL Synthetics
    HG Jul-11, ABS Opt B fix, Motorad 180 t-stat, Magnecor 8mm wires, NGK plugs, TW front DS, QT diff guards, TF steering damper, OME 777/781 MD springs w/rear D1 spring seats, TF+2 shocks, SS ext brake hoses, HLC Fab Sliders w/nerfs, BottorF'ed modified rear bumper, SD Roof Rack w/4 Hellas, LR fuel tank skid, Yokohama Geolander AT-S LT245/75/16E, LR stainless A-bar w/IPF lights

GO HOKIES!!

These deflect. A lot. Can't be used for bridging ladders. I have a set of PAP you can use if you need Tony. Both sections are 16x48" 1/4" thick probably weight 25ish lbs combined.

-Sam

I've only seen these used in the snow on a few trips. They were better than nothing I guess, but you still have to dig a lot of snow. Wet tires won't grip as well on the knobbies, and they get ripped up if the tires have chains.
    NCLR #70 BOD member

"RovrFlo" '01 D2 108,000 miles
    mods vids 2008 & 2009 trips 2010 trips 2011 trips