Thread: MaxTrax

Roanoke Valley, VA

I have searched and see where some people have used these. Are they sand ladders or a variation? Would you want to have both, or buy one before the other? Good for sand, snow, mud, etc? And more importantly do they work? Do they last?
    Last edited by Rover_Hokie; 09-28-2011 at 09:28 PM.

Black '01 D2 148K AMSOIL Synthetics
    HG Jul-11, ABS Opt B fix, Motorad 180 t-stat, Magnecor 8mm wires, NGK plugs, TW front DS, QT diff guards, TF steering damper, OME 777/781 MD springs w/rear D1 spring seats, TF+2 shocks, SS ext brake hoses, HLC Fab Sliders w/nerfs, BottorF'ed modified rear bumper, SD Roof Rack w/4 Hellas, LR fuel tank skid, Yokohama Geolander AT-S LT245/75/16E, LR stainless A-bar w/IPF lights

NC / FL / NYC
    These deflect. A lot. Can't be used for bridging ladders. I have a set of PAP you can use if you need Tony. Both sections are 16x48" 1/4" thick probably weight 25ish lbs combined.

San Francisco
    I've only seen these used in the snow on a few trips. They were better than nothing I guess, but you still have to dig a lot of snow. Wet tires won't grip as well on the knobbies, and they get ripped up if the tires have chains.
    NCLR #70 BOD member

"RovrFlo" '01 D2 108,000 miles
    mods vids 2008 & 2009 trips 2010 trips 2011 trips