Thread: Free: 2.25L engine

Free: 2.25L engine

Free to a good home in SoCal or NoCal if you pick up:

This was in my Series IIA, the oil pressure pump died and a piston blew a connecting rod. There is no heavy damage and can be rebuilt. I bought another running engine, but ended up rebuilding it completely.

As of right now, it's mostly complete with a completely rebuild Solex carburetor. We pulled the oil filter adapter. Will take pics and post tonight.

Hopefully, someone will be interested soon and take it. As time passes, I'll start to remove parts and sell them on ebay to help offset the cost of rebuilding.

Come and get it while it's still mostly complete !!

Call or email asap

Javier
    getyours. at. roverpalooza.com
    seven1seven.9sixfour.UNIX

Scrap metal place offered $70 for the engine. I really hate to scrap a rebuildable engine if someone can use this. Anyone interested?

Quote Originally Posted by jvelador View Post
    Scrap metal place offered $70 for the engine. I really hate to scrap a rebuildable engine if someone can use this. Anyone interested?
    Javier, let me check with a guy I know in Riverside that is rebuilding a Series II. I bought a set of Disco2 rims from him a year or two ago and at that time he just got the Series II. I'd hate to see this engine get scrapped!
    2000 D2 SD w/BFG MT 255/85/16, 3" lift, ARB front bumper, custom rear bumper & rock sliders, Mantec snorkel, CDL, KMC front & rear diff guard, Columbia Rovers gas tank skid, LR front skid, RoverTracks HD tie rod & drag link, BajaRack roof rack, GBR HD rear driveshaft & 4.14 gears, Trutrac LSD front w/Detroit rear locker, Ashcroft HD axles & CV, Polybush Dynamic bushings, blr HD engine mounts

2000 D2 stock w/BFG AT-KO 245/75/16, TF front & KMC rear diff guard, RockStar Fab rear door panel

Sure thing, let me know as soon as possible.