Thread: washer fluid tank/front bumper

washer fluid tank/front bumper

ok so im in the process of fabing up a front bumper similer to a slim/baha style but i noticed that the washer fluid tank in front of the driver side tire hangs lower then the bumper im building...but in pics i see of other rovers with similer bumpers its not there so is every one just removing it or relocating it and if so where a good place...

Stockton(why, I do not know yet!)/rackerby, ca.
    Some fabricate a new reservoir out of ABS plumbing pipe (black plastic) and put it parallel in the same place, or perpindicular (straight up) where the fill tube used to be on the stock tank. The straight up version holds less naturally, I personally left mine in painted black for the reason it holds a whole lotta fluid to rinse the dust off while wheeling with others, but I thinsk on da Islands dust isn't your biggest problem. Maybe fab it in a "L" shape to sit in the same place as the tank and fill tube for more volume. Be sure to send us pics of your bumper progress, or at least the finished product! P.S. How's the availability of steel, acetelyne, etc. over there now? That stuff was at a pretty high premium on Maui when I lived there, no room for error, or it cost you big time!
    "When you need one, you wish you had one"-Land Rover! '03 Discovery II, CDL with '04 linkage, 2"OME lift, 265/75R16Toyo MT's on Pro Comps, sliders ,Rovertym front bumper with 9k Superwinch, diff guards, still bangin' steel on the rest of the stuff...

thanks for the info steel is not the problem to get acetelyne is big money to get