Thread: Transmission Fault - Traction Reduced

Transmission Fault - Traction Reduced

Hi Folks.
    My first post on LRR.
    I have been reading the posts on this site for some time now.
    Very valuable information and lots of really smart folks.

I have a 2008 LR2 SE and yesterday I had a message pop up (with a beep) on the dashboard "Transmission Fault - Traction Reduced".

I have read a few posts on this topic, but haven't found one yet that explains what this means. I have read anything from it possibly being a bad/weak battery to maybe being a Control Module of some sort.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

JT

JT - I'm not familiar with the LR2 platform but I would definitely start with having the battery checked out. If it's the OEM battery, you're right around the shelf life of the battery. I wouldn't waste time going to the Auto parts house and getting a free battery check. Either go to the Dealer (if under warranty) or plan to replace the battery with the proper model. Don't cut corners here as the LR heavily relies on the Amps. Alternator may be the next item of focus. Beyond that, your guess is as good as anyone's. Could be a 7 dollar tail light bulb or a 12 dollar brake switch?? Just start working down the list...

good luck!
    Sasquatch Rods, GoodYear Wrangler MTR 275/65/18, ARB BullBar, EP9.0, Hella 4000's Cornering

Thanks sasquatch.
    I will get on it first thing in the morning. I sure hope it's as simple as a battery. The truck still drives, but I can definitely tell that my traction is "reduced".
    Last edited by OfFrOaD; 08-23-2011 at 03:52 PM.