Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Carlsbad Caverns

Carlsbad Caverns

Words can't describe how awesome this place is.. So i'll just post photos.

1992 RRC
    1994 Toyota Pickup

We've got a long way to go and a short time to get there.

It sure is cool. I remember going many years ago. The bats leaving at night were LOUD.
    Nick

Quote Originally Posted by NHESS81 View Post
    It sure is cool. I remember going many years ago. The bats leaving at night were LOUD.
    I think I was there in 1976....and one day, I will take the kids there! Great shots!
    It's about people and the Land Rovers that own them.
    01 DII : 95 RRC LWB : 88 RRC SWB

Quote Originally Posted by NHESS81 View Post
    The Bats flying out was rad about 100,000 at once

Quote Originally Posted by astateofmike View Post
    I think I was there in 1976....and one day, I will take the kids there! Great shots!
    You should def take them... and Thanks.
    1992 RRC
    1994 Toyota Pickup

I live in El Paso and I've been there. It's quite amazing. And the cool thing is whether it is 90-100 outside down there it gets to like 54

Sweet E! Thanks for sharing!! We checked out some caves up here and at first I thought it would be boring and "tourist-y", but they are amazing!! I had a great time checking it out. Ma Nature is wayyy cooler than the internetz!
    Sasquatch Rods, GoodYear Wrangler MTR 275/65/18, ARB BullBar, EP9.0, Hella 4000's Cornering

E is not afraid of looking like a tourist

Quote Originally Posted by Cobra1951 View Post
    I live in El Paso and I've been there. It's quite amazing. And the cool thing is whether it is 90-100 outside down there it gets to like 54
    yea its crazy it stays 56 degrees year round in there.

Quote Originally Posted by sasquatch View Post
    Sweet E! Thanks for sharing!! We checked out some caves up here and at first I thought it would be boring and "tourist-y", but they are amazing!! I had a great time checking it out. Ma Nature is wayyy cooler than the internetz!
    Totally! I am still in Shock of what I saw in there.... it was totally mind blowing something like that was even possible.

I have been doing some research of more local caves... and it looks like we are going to check out Mitchell Caverns off the Mojave road next month....

over and out

E
    1992 RRC
    1994 Toyota Pickup

Quote Originally Posted by etcatmeat View Post
    E is not afraid of looking like a tourist
    That is correct.. you should have seen me that the Rodeo in Roswell.. I stuck out like stuck out like a sore thumb... Shorts, t shirt, and skate shoes lol every one was in boots, cowboy hats,jeans,chaps lol ... anyway With some excessive yelling, I still managed to get a free shirt thrown to me which was a Women's Large! lol ( who throws out Womens Larges!?!) that said Cruel Girl on it. My buddy got a Roswell Live Stock Supply Hat lol This trip was full of win!
    1992 RRC
    1994 Toyota Pickup

Really awesome pics! We were there in 2002. Great place for a visit. We didn't stay to see the bats.
    Brockflock
    Disco I SD '99 Stock 144k mi. New stock suspension, new steering box, new rear shaft joints, Cooper Discovery ATR's and announcing a totally redone set of heads. May 2013: Brakes converted to Defender style: Calipers, stainless flex lines, drilled, slotted and vented rotors. Stops like it hit a wall when you stand on them now!
    12-2016 update: Coopers are done. Michelin Defender LTXs on the way!