Thread: Electric Lcking diff.

Electric Lcking diff.

Do we have any Diff experts out here? I have several Dana 60 rear diffs from an H2 Hummer, my proposal is if you get my diff setup I will give you one to convert yours. If you supply 12V to the Hummer diff it locks, much easier than running a compressor and lines. I have been told by a diff guy that if you can change the spiders you should be able to run the stock axles? Anyone game to sort this out?

This would be quite the complicated switch over. The Dana diff won't fit In the rover third member so you would have to swap the whole axle. However the h2 axle is most likely to wide for the rover, so you would have to cut either end to make it fit, and also have custom axle shafts made. I really don't think that it would be worth the time and effort to do the switch over just for the e-locker. Eaton makes and e-locker made for the rover 24 spline diff. Good luck!

Well if it fits in a D60 rear it should fit a salisbury rear end. I would try and bribe PTSchram. Since he has a few trucks with salisbury's
    "May God have mercy on my enemies because I won't" General George S. Patton

1983 Defender 110 Wagon

I just assumed it was for a Disco.

Generally speaking the Sals rear ends were only fit to series, defender and FC101. PT however has one in the rear of a RRC and I think he's most of the way to having one in the front as well.
    "May God have mercy on my enemies because I won't" General George S. Patton

1983 Defender 110 Wagon

A buddy of mine has a disco with sals front and rear. It was quite the project.