Thread: disco chip into RRC?!

disco chip into RRC?!

Hi, i have 1989 range rover classic with a 3.9 V8 and im doing a few mods to it because it needs to be fixed up a little. im also findong out ways of getting more power from the engine with out modifing it too much. according to what ive read, i can put a disco chip on it. but i dont know if its a disco I or disco II. if anyone has any more ideas on how to get more power please let me know!

thanks in advance!

If you wanna chip it, why not just get a Tornado that's designed for your ECU?

The disco after 1995 was OBD2, so I doubt a chip that works with it will work with the RRC, but I know little on the subject.

What is your goal for more power? Speed or torque or MPG?

I would say if anything that works it would have to be a D1 because everything is similar on that model to an RRC. But if you really want more power do a 5 spd conversion. I have a 5 spd myself and that thing moves.

Your easiest cheapest best bet is to use a ecu from a 4.2 RRC gives a bit more power, swaps in minutes and is around $125. I put one in mine and seat of the pants meter showed a improvement to me and it seriously took 5 minutes to do.
    "May God have mercy on my enemies because I won't" General George S. Patton

1983 Defender 110 Wagon