Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: making an adapter

making an adapter

I will post up more pics later but i am making a unit to convert the rrc wire type to the us type.

Some wire a few relays and 3 diodes are what you need.

NCLR VP HAM KJ7RRC
    93 LWB RRC 3 inch rte lt-230, 35x12.5/15 bfg km2, GBR 4.14 with trutracs front and rear, Rovertracks front Hd axles and cv's, Ashcroft Hd rear axles,
    Rte rear trailing arms,Warn 8k, Custom bumpers front and rear, Flowmaster exhaust ,custom sliders GRB F+R driveshaft, RTE steering links. 12 in Bilstien 7100's

OK, I see what you're doing but I'm wondering why? I have yet to look into hooking a trailer onto my rig so I'm don't sure what Land Rover did that won't provide power to a trailer. Is this why people are paying for harness adapters?

Bill of Green Achers Farms
    Adventure for fellow Geeks! Geocaching
    Land Rover Repair Manual - Download Site
    1. 1996 Discovery I - Yet to be named
    2. 1998 Discovery I - "Kermit"
    3. 2000 Discovery II - Parts Donor

its because Europe is smart and has 1 wire for brakes one wire for each turn.signal. Americans use a wire for each trunk signal and when you need your brakes to light up it activates both turn signals. all trailer lights are red so it looks like brake lights.
    NCLR VP HAM KJ7RRC
    93 LWB RRC 3 inch rte lt-230, 35x12.5/15 bfg km2, GBR 4.14 with trutracs front and rear, Rovertracks front Hd axles and cv's, Ashcroft Hd rear axles,
    Rte rear trailing arms,Warn 8k, Custom bumpers front and rear, Flowmaster exhaust ,custom sliders GRB F+R driveshaft, RTE steering links. 12 in Bilstien 7100's

Yep. I didn't see that problem coming.
    Solutions are $15 but I'll be interested to see how your project goes. Another route is to add turn signals to all the trailers (while would be fine if that was one trailer).
    Auto Zone

I better address my D1 trailer issues before I sell my Bronco (and horse trailer).

I saw those but mine cost about 3 bucks. And will work with LED's

I am drawing up a wiring diagram now.
    NCLR VP HAM KJ7RRC

Here is the PDF of the diagram. It should work for every type of light.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    NCLR VP HAM KJ7RRC

Not sure that's going to work as diagrammed. Relay terminal #86 getting power from either Brakes or Turn Signal will indeed close the relay properly. But Brakes plus Turn Signal will not flash the relay as you need. The power from the Brakes will keep the relay closed. Am I wrong?

nice catch i will add in a third relay between the brakes and the turn signal. When turn signal is activated the brake will be disconnected from terminal 86.

Nice catch. I think this will work.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    NCLR VP HAM KJ7RRC

I am starting to see why you pay 15 bucks for it. But it is fun making it anyway.
    NCLR VP HAM KJ7RRC

after looking at it that won't work either maybe off to auto zone after all.
    NCLR VP HAM KJ7RRC