Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LED Lighting upgrade question

LED Lighting upgrade question

Hi Again,
    I want to change out my dash light for LED's. I'm not sure the spec I have so I can't figure out waht and how many I need.
    I've read some stuff and watched the video of the aussie guy but want to be sure.
    Has anyone done this?
    From what I've seen the bulbs are t-10?

Any input is appreciated as always.

Steve

Take 1 or 2 out and match them up @ Superbrightleds.com

Quote Originally Posted by schweiger View Post
    Hi Again,
    I want to change out my dash light for LED's. I'm not sure the spec I have so I can't figure out waht and how many I need.
    I've read some stuff and watched the video of the aussie guy but want to be sure.
    Has anyone done this?
    From what I've seen the bulbs are t-10?

Any input is appreciated as always.

Steve
    95 4.6 Range Rover LWB 25th anniversary (Rovage)50230 cam/RPI ECU
    04 Range Rover
    87 white RRC
    93 Range Rover LWB Crawler 4.6

Traversing Defense Mine Waterfall
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqczzhsWOh8

NCLR #93

Are you talking about the lights for the gauges, or for the warning/idiot lights?

If you haven't replaced your gauges for VDO replacements, do that first before worring about the LED replacement.

The VDO gauges are almost a direct drop in replacement, you just need to change your coolant temperature sender, and are WAYYY better looking and better lit.
    Neill
    2005 LR3 HSE
    1984 D90 300Tdi
    1965 Series IIA 88"
    Come Join Us On An Adventure! Land Rover Club of San Diego

Led

I wasn't planning on replacing my gauges. They work fine and I wanted to keep things kind of original.
    I was trying to get the bulbs first so I would only have to open dash once. I opened it some to replace the wiper cleaner spout and it was a pain.

Thanks guys.

So you are looking for the gauge lights?

VDO made the original gauges, the replacements look factory, they are just much better lit.

As far as the factory gauges, I don't know anyone who has found LED replacements for the lights. I can go look at mine and compare the bulb type to what's on superbrightleds.com, that's where I have gotten all of mine.

Also while you have it open make sure the speedometer has both lights in it and that one hasn't fallen out... it's a common problem.
    Neill
    2005 LR3 HSE
    1984 D90 300Tdi
    1965 Series IIA 88"

Led

Apparently it's a pretty straightforward replacement. According to some things i've read and this guy: http://goo.gl/rzoFb

I dont see any real need to replace the gauges. Just want to see what they say.

He says he used "T10 bulbs at .7 watts" and they slipped right in.

Those are the same ones I had on my old gauges, so if you can find them they should work just fine!
    Neill
    2005 LR3 HSE
    1984 D90 300Tdi
    1965 Series IIA 88"

Upgrade

Well, I popped open the dash. Some bulbs were bayonet style push ins and some were flat t10's. I ordered LED bulbs from superbrightleds.com for most. I didnt fully take off the right hand dash panel. Figured I'll try these and order the missing few.
    I hope this works as well as I hear. Would love to see my gauges after dark.
    I'll be back....

well that was fun

Got bulbs, put them in. Glory be I can see my gauges at night. An ego repair.
    And pretty inexpensive from superbrightleds.com.

cheers

I miss read your thread, I thought you were replacing your exterior lights.
    Mike

Retired service manager, member of Solihull Society, SCLR, past member of the NCLR and the Santa Barbara 4Wheelers clubs.
    99 D2, 3" lift, CDL with Detroit,T.T. lockers, 4:11's,H.D. axles, custom ft/rear bumpers with sliders, a 9500 HSI Warn winch and 5 HID's.

To DOWNLOAD the RAVE Manual, follow this link http://www.landroverresource.com/

Rover Radio issues or IPOD Adapters http://home.valornet.com/splacket/index.htm