Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: big Island

big Island

are there any rovers on the big island of hawaii hit me up

Stockton(why, I do not know yet!)/rackerby, ca.
    We have RonCT110 here somewhere?( i think he's in the Phillipines right now) who has a place up the hilll from you, but so far everything is still here on the mainland. We talk about a Big Island trip here and there, but shipping costs etc. slows things up. I'm sure he'll say something once he checks in.
    "When you need one, you wish you had one"-Land Rover! '03 Discovery II, CDL with '04 linkage, 2"OME lift, 265/75R16Toyo MT's on Pro Comps, sliders ,Rovertym front bumper with 9k Superwinch, diff guards, still bangin' steel on the rest of the stuff...

i gess im holding down the fort my self LOL... there is a nother yellow kalahari with a lift and camel stickers driving around here seen it a few times but never got to talk to them usaly passing each other on the road

Aloha Maitai!

I like your user ID. Quite appropriate as it's 5:30 somewhere in the world right. Maitai time!

Been busy @ work so have lil time to surf LRRF nowadays.

Anyways, re: the Big Island. My family bought a buildable lot on the Hilo side; we look forward to (much like Mtn Rancher) building a small or Tiny house over longer in the lng term horizon (saving up now and planning in the meantime).

While we dream of our retirement home, we still have two young boys to get into college, and then time to take plans into action.

In the meantime, my wife/two young kids and I visit the Big Island almost every other year and rent a house during out stay! Much better than staying in a hotel. We get in, hit Costco for supplies of beverage/water, and meat - good to go. Buy fish and vegetables/fruits locally. We enjoy the beauty of the Island, weather, people, swimming, fishing, hiking, etc... when we visit.

Where abouts are you in Hilo? During our stay - we saw a 109 coming out of the Flea Market in Pahoa; not many Land Rovers or perhaps I am not looking hard enough.

Talk to you soon!
    NCLR BOD www.nclrclub.org

SPOT Adventures: http://www.spotadventures.com/user/p...?user_id=47904

Tread Lightly Trainer

2004 Java Black D2 SE7 "Family AUV" - All-Around Utility Vehicle

1990 CT D110 "Support and Touring Vehicle"

1990 White RRC - Dedicated "Trail Rig"

any one know who drives a yellow kalahari on the big island thought i was the only one...and is there any other rovers out there on the big island hit me up

Stockton(why, I do not know yet!)/rackerby, ca.
    Don't know, but saw one I've never seen before around Koloa town on Kauai last May/June, and I thought I knew all the Rovers on that island. Speak up fellow Island Rovers!! I want to make sure my Disco has someone to talk to in da parkin' lot when she goes over the pond permanently in a coupla years!
    "When you need one, you wish you had one"-Land Rover! '03 Discovery II, CDL with '04 linkage, 2"OME lift, 265/75R16Toyo MT's on Pro Comps, sliders ,Rovertym front bumper with 9k Superwinch, diff guards, still bangin' steel on the rest of the stuff...

just saw a defender up at the hospital its owned but a doc up there also theres a lady who i allways see at walmart feting the groceries and stuff in a nother kalahari lifted with BFG muds limb sliders and all kind of rover and camel stickers very nice when i asked her what she got done to it all see said is its her husbans she dont know but i never sawy him driving yet LOL

I have DII 2000 and Rangie 2000 and I'm planning to move to the Big Island for good. Is there a rover mechanic on the Big Island preferable Kona? I went for a visit in 2004 and I have seen some D1 and Range classic. Thanks, George
    1994 Disco I
    2000 Disco II
    2000 Range Rover
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STB4U9zZsa4

ya there are a couple of good techs there both in kona ya let me know when you get here...

I live on oahu. Where do you get your parts from? I have a 98 disco that I want to build up