Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Poly Bushings for LR3

I don't disagree in general, but...

...Blue being too soft? It's still going to be harder than the stock rubber bushings. ...and you probably don't want to go a lot stiffer than stock or else the dynamics of the suspension may be all hosed up.

Secondly, they are all made of the same material, albeit different modulii. There is nothing in that general knowledge that would convince me that the blues will not squeak just because they are less rigid...and blue.

Quote Originally Posted by Disco Mike View Post
    Lets call it a lot of research, general past knowledge and common sense.
    Blues are over all too soft and don't last well on any vehicle, Red, per the manufactorer of Poly Bushings, are made for racing, that leaves the orange which has always been the happy compromise assuming you don't want to go back to the OEM bushings that don't hold up on a LR3.
    Hey Just FYI the new stock bushings for LR3's are redesigned and so far what I am hearing they do last longer, Now i will be putting in RR Sport bushing as they are a solid with no holes in them (LR3 are softer). I will update on how they do... My reason is this the RR sports last longer and ya they are stiffer but i can deal with stiffer if they last longer....

Hold up...

I know that the Sway-Bar bushings for the LR3 had been updated; hadn't heard anything about the control arm bushings.

Also...I have heard that the RRS bushings go out just as quickly as the LR3's.

My info is just from my 2 shops that I go too(Land rover shops) they have Lr3s in there all the time for the bushings versus 5 RRsports per year. so just going off that info "only" they seem to last longer and when the RRS come in he says they are not a chewed up as the RRS and RRS has more mileage on them also. So if ya have more info on the RRS to help that would be great....
    Last edited by kilroy; 06-22-2011 at 01:52 PM.

Kilroy: Which shops are these? in the Seattle area?
    08 LR3 HSE - HD Package. 245/75/17 KM2s and some other offroad goodies

Thier in SoCal

My info is from LR Seattle.

Quote Originally Posted by HOUM_WA View Post
    My info is from LR Seattle.
    For some reason when I looked, Kilroy had his location as "Seattle" but with a typo in it.

Did you update it? Or just the forums being screwy
    08 LR3 HSE - HD Package. 245/75/17 KM2s and some other offroad goodies

All - it seems to me that we are chasing a unicorn of sorts. This is a wear item. Period. Regardless of color, let's just plan to replace these as needed?? As far as the RR version goes and it's "fewer" replacement issues - let's be real...the RR's just don't go off-road as much as the LR3 crowd. This may explain the Dealer's perspective of "less failures" when compared to the LR3/LR4 crowd. Personally...I want PINK bushings!!!! Just cuz...

\thread
    Sasquatch Rods, GoodYear Wrangler MTR 275/65/18, ARB BullBar, EP9.0, Hella 4000's Cornering

Quote Originally Posted by sasquatch View Post
    Personally...I want PINK bushings!!!! Just cuz...

\thread
    i woulda thought rainbow where's that pic?
    2006 Java Black HSE | Rover Specialties sliders | LR skid plate | BajaRack
    Sasquatch rods | GAP Diagnostics EAS | Fancy divider to prevent cargo from crushing my kids
    Northern CA Land Rover Club | Tread Lightly Tread Trainer