Thread: Weber DGV questions

Weber DGV questions

I am installing a Weber DGV on my Sll 2.25. I hear that the stock oil bath air cleaner may not have sufficient air flow for the DGV. I am also running a raised air intake/snorkel to the oil bath air cleaner.
    My question: What are my options as far as running a higher flow air cleaner inline between my raised air intake assembly and the Weber DGV?

Thank you in advance for your responses/ideas.

-Matt
    (Mostly) Series ll 88 pickup with 3/4 hood, Fairey OD, Warn 8274, RM parabolics, 235/85 R16 BFG Muds, Pangolin rock sliders, heated windscreens
    1959 Series ll 109 pickup. Completely stock and original
    1975 BMW 2002

A D90 or RRC should do for you.

This is from a RRC.

If you have an oil bath cleaner designed for a raised intake, I might be interested in it for my Lightweight.
    The one that looks like this is what I'm interested in:

Last edited by antichrist; 04-25-2011 at 03:02 PM.
    Tom
    62 88 Regular
    67 109 NADA x2
    79 Lightweight
    95 D1 R380
    95 D90 300tdi R380
    97 D1 ZF

Four wheel drive allows you to get stuck
    in places even more inaccessible.

Tom,

I modified my stock oil bath air cleaner for the raised air intake. I tried to source an original oil bath designed for an oil bath, but no luck. Fairly easy modification, though.
    (Mostly) Series ll 88 pickup with 3/4 hood, Fairey OD, Warn 8274, RM parabolics, 235/85 R16 BFG Muds, Pangolin rock sliders, heated windscreens
    1959 Series ll 109 pickup. Completely stock and original
    1975 BMW 2002

Matt, I got a DGV and Pierce manifold from Daniel which I installed on my SII. Just have the typical K&N-style open-sided filter on it now but want to do something better. I have several of the RRC canister-type filter assemblies like the one Tom pictured above, I'll probably use one of them after fabricating a carb adapter. If you want to go that way as well, I can hook you up...
    '91 RRC-4.2, R380, LT230, GDE bumper with Smittybuilt 8K winch, Custom 3" lift, 33's, Equipe trailing arms, Rock Ware sliders, Custom diff guards, Maxyedor HD steering, TT/Detroit, Rovertracks axles
    '61 Series II 88"
    '95 D90
    '94 RRC County LWB

"There are three kinds of men: The one that learns by reading, the few who learn by observation and the rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves." -Will Rogers

id be willing to take that modified cleaner off your hand
    Jeep guy gone Rover...
    1974 SIII 109" RHD
    2008 LR3 HSE

Do you still have the Rochester on that 109 which I installed for Steven? It came off my SII when I installed the above-mentioned Weber DGV. Funny how things kinda go around...
    '91 RRC-4.2, R380, LT230, GDE bumper with Smittybuilt 8K winch, Custom 3" lift, 33's, Equipe trailing arms, Rock Ware sliders, Custom diff guards, Maxyedor HD steering, TT/Detroit, Rovertracks axles
    '61 Series II 88"
    '95 D90
    '94 RRC County LWB

"There are three kinds of men: The one that learns by reading, the few who learn by observation and the rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves." -Will Rogers

ohh wow thats funny..
    yeah still have the Rochester on it.. runs well..
    but i have been looking to fit a raised air intake on the Rover..
    dont mean to hijack the thread..
    TigerDan..
    if you ever find yourself bored, or just feeling outgoing, I would love to know as much as I can about the Rover's previous life and any info that I might be able to use..
    Jeep guy gone Rover...
    1974 SIII 109" RHD
    2008 LR3 HSE

Unfortunately, I don't really know all that much about it. I saw it at Eric's a couple of times before Steven bought it, and then at Steven's when I worked on it. Eric would be the guy to ask...he goes by NorCal Relics here on the site. Hasn't been posting much lately though. I'll probably see him before too long and ask him if you don't get a hold of him before then.
    '61 Series II 88"
    '95 D90
    '94 RRC County LWB

thanks..
    somebody PM'ed him my contact info and a request for a conversation...
    Jeep guy gone Rover...
    1974 SIII 109" RHD
    2008 LR3 HSE