Thread: Radio Not Working - 2004 RR HSE

Radio Not Working - 2004 RR HSE

Nav system is fully operational, but the Radio is not turning on. The light next to the on/off/volume knob does not come on. I checked the 2 fuses in the fuse box and the 10A fuse on the radio module. All fine. Help!!!

Jamey
    2004 RR HSE

Those nav and.radios are almost.identical to the bmw units. They suck. Most likely you have a bad radio. Not sure where the radio it self is on those. As the display.up front is not the radio just a display. You.might get lucky. Try disconnecting both the positive.and negative battery cables. And wait for a few min. Then WITHOUT touching the battery. Touch the ground and positive cables from the truck together. I have seen that drain bad capacitor in the radio and get it to work again.
    NCLR VP HAM KJ7RRC
    93 LWB RRC 3 inch rte lt-230, 35x12.5/15 bfg km2, GBR 4.14 with trutracs front and rear, Rovertracks front Hd axles and cv's, Ashcroft Hd rear axles,
    Rte rear trailing arms,Warn 8k, Custom bumpers front and rear, Flowmaster exhaust ,custom sliders GRB F+R driveshaft, RTE steering links. 12 in Bilstien 7100's

In the shop, doing the Lord's work, one broken Rover at a time!
    Please be very careful connecting the two cables together. There is a ballistic charge in the cable to disconnect the battery in the event of a crash, it's part of the SRS system.

The actual radio should be back in the rear wheel well, left side. I've had some major problems with corrosion on the connectors in the L322/4.4s, even trucks from dry, arid regions.
    Wrenchin' to Riches

DBA P T Schram Rover Repair, Churubusco, IN USA

I just had the Radio Unit out to check the fuse. There was some corrosion on the contacts, I cleaned up as much as I could.
    I suppose I could disconnect the unit again and short the + and - on the unit itself. Anyone know which pin is power?

Thanks