Thread: Ironman Awning

Ironman Awning

Installed my new Ironman Awning from Camel 4x4. Really like it!

Does anyone know how to use the two hole guy line tensioner that comes with it?
    Kevin
    KJ6IBK

2005 LR3 aka "The StormTrooper" - Coil Suspension, RS Stage 1 Sliders, Cooper Zeon LTZ 285/60R18's, Snorkel, Hannibal Roof Rack
    2007 LR3 SE7 aka "The Adventurer" - BFG 265/65R18's, RS Stage 3 Sliders, ARB Deluxe Winch Bull Bar, BajaRack RTT Rack

Bill of Green Achers Farms
    Adventure for fellow Geeks! Geocaching
    Land Rover Repair Manual - Download Site
    1. 1996 Discovery I - Yet to be named
    2. 1998 Discovery I - "Kermit"
    3. 2000 Discovery II - Parts Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Green Achers View Post
    well, if you want to be fancy like? I tied mine to a rock. Didn't need anything, just moved the rocks...

Looks good there Kevin, so I will ask, why drivers side? Mine is too, and I have a reason, but I wanted to hear your thought.
    It's about people and the Land Rovers that own them.
    01 DII : 95 RRC LWB : 88 RRC SWB

Quote Originally Posted by astateofmike View Post
    well, if you want to be fancy like? I tied mine to a rock. Didn't need anything, just moved the rocks...

Looks good there Kevin, so I will ask, why drivers side? Mine is too, and I have a reason, but I wanted to hear your thought.
    Ok, I was never a Boy Scout. Never really did tent camping as a kid. My lovely wife introduced me to the outdoors about 16 years ago. So I've never learned to tie knots. Tie it to a rock? Huh? Tie a hitch knot? Huh?

As for driver's side...well I drive on the left and am too lazy to walk around the truck to open an awning I guess. Also my rear ladder is on the left so easier access for putting on and taking off.

What's your reason?
    Kevin
    KJ6IBK

2005 LR3 aka "The StormTrooper" - Coil Suspension, RS Stage 1 Sliders, Cooper Zeon LTZ 285/60R18's, Snorkel, Hannibal Roof Rack
    2007 LR3 SE7 aka "The Adventurer" - BFG 265/65R18's, RS Stage 3 Sliders, ARB Deluxe Winch Bull Bar, BajaRack RTT Rack

My thought was that if I had a mechanical on the trail and deployed the awning...I'd either be under the hood or under the dash....so Drivers side it is..

Also, I willingly would put my truck off trail to get next to a stranded driver and I usually go right side when I have to pass (I just do) so awning on left means I'll pull up alongside and deploy shade over a truck....

And I am too lazy to spin the rack around (which is easier than mounting/unmounting on mine..)
    It's about people and the Land Rovers that own them.
    01 DII : 95 RRC LWB : 88 RRC SWB