Thread: Trip to Arkansas

Trip to Arkansas

I went on a camping trip with my good friend from work last weekend (3/25/11) to a place called Byrd's Adventure Center. This trip was well needed!! I have a owned my 99 disco2 for 1 year now and have never taken it out for a trail run!!!

We left the Oklahoma City late in the afternoon around 4:00pm. Not long on the road we needed to stop and buy some drinks and chips for the road. After hitting cruising speed on the road again we were off. Music blasting some kick ass rock and the miles passing by minute by minute we make it to Byrd's. Only after a slight detour on the wrong exit though. We set up camp in the dark now that it is almost 8:00pm. Fire started and some hot links cooking we kick back and pop pop a top and relax for the night. Not long after the frist drink the thunder starts and lighting followes. Unfortuanly for us the rainfly was not packed away with the tent so as it sounds we got WET!!

The next morning we awoke to cold temptures and soaked gear. After swimming out of the tent and getting the fire going the day started to look up! Once the hearty breakfest was gone and the coffee flowing we took a walk to the general store. Finding some local wines we decided to buy some bluebeery wine! This turned out to be a wonderful choice. As we drank the morning blues away we geared up to explore the trails by the Mulberry River.

Pulling up the the park right a way you can tell that this is on like donkey kong! Traill 1 is the trail of choice to begian the day. Off the road and on thte trail. Finally after one year of ownership my disco sees her roots.
    About 1 mile up he tral it splits into a few trails. Hmm....hard choice take it easy and continue dont the blue easy or vear off and see what we are made of on the orange "hard" trail. By instinc I choose the orange trail!! Go big or go home!!!

After conquering the the tral I now have more confedence in the rover then before. As the miles of trees and the sands of time pass away we make our way to the trail that leads to the camp. Last trail of the day choose left or right?!?!?! Hard or easy. What to do? Yes lets go for it! Making my way down the trail I find myself stick inbetween a two hard plces a tree and a boulder. Onward we must push as the trail is almost finshed. Creeping at a snails pace I majior damage from the tree but the rock got the best of me.

As we wind down from the exicing day of off roading we sip on some drink and munch on some grub!!

I will post pictures in my album. Please check them out and tell me what you think!

pictures are uploaded in my album

Hi,

Where is Byrd's?

I am very familiar with the Harrison area (lot's of exploring)as I lived there a few years and actually worked @ Dogpatch.
    95 4.6 Range Rover LWB 25th anniversary (Rovage)50230 cam/RPI ECU
    04 Range Rover
    87 white RRC
    93 Range Rover LWB Crawler 4.6

Traversing Defense Mine Waterfall
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqczzhsWOh8

NCLR #93

Byrds Adventure Center is located in the northwest part of the state. very nice drive from OKC about 3 1/2 hours.

http://www.byrdsadventurecenter.com/
    this is the link to the website.

Looks like a fun trip. Thanks for sharing.