Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Taking the Family to Laguna, Philippines This Summer

...more pictures

Pic 11 - We experienced black-out during a passing storm. Candles out, and as long as cell coverage for texting is avail to stay connect - good to go (texting is how mostly people stay in touch over there). You can be dirt poor farmers w/no TV but they all have cell phones - no wonder cell phone service and hardware companies are going so well in growth countries like the PI.

Pic 12 - We also managed to get around town in a tricycle. @ 8 pesos per ride - got us from one end of town to the other inexpensively (43 pesos = 1 dollar)

Pic 13 - Really liked going to the Wet Market early morning, and picking-up fresh catch of the day to grill. Plus San Miguel beer, stories to tell/share, and simple living. 70 pesos for a good size tilapia fish. Bought two to feed a family of four! $30 worth feeds an army for pulutan!

Pic 14 - And lots of fresh vegetables/fruits, and not very expensive. Pic so colorful, you taste the peppers.

Pic 15 - River in Villa Escodero

Pic 16 - Even though in customs, these folks represented one of the indeginous tribes from the Philippines

Pic 17 - My son trying his luck w/fishing. Rather go to the Wet Market. lol.

Pic 18 - Listened to classic Philippines music.

Pic 19 - Make-shift bridge behind our house in the PI

Pic 20 - Return home. Stop-over Hong Kong for a several hours. My son and I trying to find our way back to the terminal after checking out the shops.

Will be back again for sure. The day before we flew out of Manila, spent time with my cousin who sells high end real-estate in Manila. She showed us the fast-paced side of the PI including housing developments and Call Centers booming in the Philippines. Fastest growing Call Centers in Asia are in the PI w/plenty of English speaking college grads. Big source of employment over there.

And to support these earners, I saw more Starbucks, Ford Dealerships., etc.... popping left an dright during our drive vs my in neighborhood in California. What an economic growth going over there including new airport extension in Manila to support huge flow of traffic.

Anyways, I enjoyed the province but nice to enjoy a lil lux life. Till next visit...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1i.JPG   2.JPG   2a.JPG   2b.JPG   2d PI.JPG  

2e.JPG   2f.JPG   2g.JPG   2h.jPG   2i.JPG  

Last edited by RonCT110; 05-17-2011 at 09:48 PM.
    NCLR BOD www.nclrclub.org

SPOT Adventures: http://www.spotadventures.com/user/p...?user_id=47904

Tread Lightly Trainer

2004 Java Black D2 SE7 "Family AUV" - All-Around Utility Vehicle

1990 CT D110 "Support and Touring Vehicle"

1990 White RRC - Dedicated "Trail Rig"

Thanks for sharing these great pics looks like you had a splendid time with the family.

Im actually here in Manila at the moment will be joining the the local land rover club to Mt. Pinatubo this weekend. I herd there will be journalist from Land Rover Monthly that will be providing coverage for an upcoming magazine article.
    97" Defender
    Nicely Equipped

"There are not too few days in our life, but too little life in our days".

Saw the Mt Pinatubo event posted by LR Club of PI after I got back. Limited # of vehicles allowed - awesome your going! Take lots of pictures and post here when you get back from your trip. Would love to be able to join next time. C yah!
    NCLR BOD www.nclrclub.org

SPOT Adventures: http://www.spotadventures.com/user/p...?user_id=47904

Tread Lightly Trainer

2004 Java Black D2 SE7 "Family AUV" - All-Around Utility Vehicle

1990 CT D110 "Support and Touring Vehicle"

1990 White RRC - Dedicated "Trail Rig"