Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fault codes

update:

Just spoke to my LR buddy that does repairs...could it be a mass air flow sensor and if so, pretty simple to change out right? ie. filter box, hose clamps and two pins...

Question got the code

I got codes with my new actron scanner and thanks to your list posted, I was able to identify all of them except P1884. Any idea? I'm about to throw in a new MAF sensor and air filter...I threw codes:

P1590
    P1175
    P1172
    P0175
    P0172
    P0103
    P0101
    P1884 Can't find the listing for this code or may have overlooked it...anybody????

Talking update...

I replaced my air filter, MAF sensor and disconnected/reconnected the battery. The only codes I have now are P1590 (ABS right?) and that P1884. Once I started the vehicle, it ran very roughly with very low idle (around 65/75 rpm's). I backed down the driveway and when I gave it gas to take a quick ride, it almost stalled with no forward momentum. I paused and then gave it gas and did a quick ride around the neighborhood. Your thoughts and advice if any? I know DiscoMike will chime in if he sees my post. Thanks as always Mike...Incidentally, taking a 2004 DII to my mechanic guru to see if its worth the purchase. SE7 with 68K on it and good/excellent condition. Asking 13,495 but I'm going to offer 11,500 and see what happens. Wish me luck.

whoops..

that was 650-700 rpms...

Thanks for the codes

Thanks for posting the fault codes.
    Last edited by studebiker; 03-16-2011 at 09:12 AM. Reason: duh, it's under the DII heading

Oops. Sorry, I was all wrong--please delete my post. I could edit to erase but didn't see a way to delete it.
    Last edited by Granny; 05-02-2011 at 03:54 PM. Reason: Wrong info in original post--want to delette

Granville aka Gran or Granny
    '06 LR3 SE7 V8
    North California Wine Country
    http://home.comcast.net/~teacupfarm/index.html

Would these fault codes be the same for a 97 Disco?

This may be helpful:

http://engine-codes.com/p1884.html

I got this code along with the Service Engine Soon light right after replacing the throttle body heater plate (2004 DII) and a hose to the valve cover and lost a little coolant during the job.

Cleared the code, topped up the coolant, no more code.

...in case the link ever changes:

P1884 - Engine Coolant Level Lamp Circuit Short to Ground
    Symptoms- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)

Just so you know, the 1884 actually comes up for 8 different issues along with the code that is actually causing the issue.
    Here is a link to a sheet that has every code for virtualy ever Rover ever made,

http://www.permoveo.ltd.uk/tabid/123...r/Default.aspx

The first page is a list of all codes, not in order though, click on any of the codes to open the second page and in the top right corner you will find a space to type in the code you are looking for and it will spit it right out, like the example below.

Land-Rover > OBD/DLC Diagnostic Trouble Error Code > P0102
    If this page is useful then please recommend it with google by clicking the following google link:

Vehicle Manufacturer: Land Rover
    Established: 1/1/1948
    Country of Origin: UK

Manufacturer Tech Info website:
    http://www.landrovertechinfo.com/

EU Specific Manufacturer Tech Info website:
    EU Specific Technical Information Website Unavailable

View Manufacturer OBD/Error Code List

Generic OBD Error Code Details for P0102

Mass or Volume Air Flow Circuit Low Input

What does this mean?

OBD Code P0102refers to
    Basically this means that there is a problem with the Mass Air Flow (MAF) sensor or circuit. A more technical description would be that the MAF circuit had lower than expected voltage (air flow).
    Symptoms

Possible sumptoms of OBD code P0102
    You will likely not notice any serious drivability problems, although there may be symptoms such as a general decrease in power or sluggishness.
    Causes

Possible causes of OBD code P0102
    The MAF may be disconnected, or a wiring connection may be bad The MAF may be dirty or otherwise contaminated (Note: if you use a reusable oiled air filter, be careful not to apply too much oil or that can contaminate the MAF). The MAF sensor may be faulty The vehicle computer may be faulty (very rare)
    Possible Solutions

The simplest thing to do is to reset the code and see if it comes back. Then start with the cheapest, easiest repair procedures: Verify that the Mass Air Flow Sensor wiring is connected properly and that there are no broken / frayed wires. Inspect for any air leaks near the MAF sensor. Take the MAF out and clean it using a spray cleaner such as brake cleaner or electrical contact cleaner. Be gentle with the sensor. Check the voltage of the MAF sensor (refer to a repair manual for vehicle specific information) Replace the MAF sensor.
    Related Codes

P0100 P0101 P0103 P0104
    OBD Error Code Searching
    Search for OBD/Manufacturer Specfic Codes

Vehicle Manufacturer
    OBD Error Code

Browse through OBD/Manufacturer Specfic Code

Select a Manufacturer from the below list to view a complete list of OBD diagnostic codes
    Alfa-Romeo
    Mercedes-Benz
    Audi
    Mini
    BMW
    Mitsubishi
    Chevrolet
    Nissan
    Chrysler
    Opel
    Citroen
    Peugeot
    Dacia
    Porsche
    Daewoo
    Ram
    Dodge
    Renault
    Ferrari
    Rover
    Fiat
    Saab
    Ford
    Seat
    Honda
    Skoda
    Hyundai
    Smart
    Isuzu
    SsangYong
    Jaguar
    Subaru
    Jeep
    Suzuki
    Kia
    Tata
    Land-Rover
    Toyota
    Lexus
    Vauxhall
    Lotus
    Volkswagen
    Maserati
    Volvo
    Mazda
    Mike

Retired service manager, member of Solihull Society, SCLR, past member of the NCLR and the Santa Barbara 4Wheelers clubs.
    99 D2, 3" lift, CDL with Detroit,T.T. lockers, 4:11's,H.D. axles, custom ft/rear bumpers with sliders, a 9500 HSI Warn winch and 5 HID's.

To DOWNLOAD the RAVE Manual, follow this link http://www.landroverresource.com/

Rover Radio issues or IPOD Adapters http://home.valornet.com/splacket/index.htm

any idea why when i brake hard i get Abs,TC and hill decent dummy lights? any help would be great. its 2004 discoII se7