Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Front Bumper

Front Bumper

Anyone seen a front winch bumper for a MKIII? I know Buttorf has one out, but I want one more tucked up. I recognize components may need to be relocated.

Second, does anyone have an ARB on another Land Rover that they can measure? Specifically I'd want to know width and the critical dimensions for the hoops to make sure if I adapted another that the headlights would not be covered.

Thanks!
    Jon D. Holder
    2003 Range Rover HSE - the plushmobile - 2" Computer Lift, PowerTank, Custom Rear Bumper with Spare Tire, Jerry Can, Ax, Shovel and Hi-Lift Mount, Sliders, Cobra, Hella 4000's - 2007 AT Chaser Trailer

Quote Originally Posted by jdholder View Post
    Anyone seen a front winch bumper for a MKIII? I know Buttorf has one out, but I want one more tucked up. I recognize components may need to be relocated.

Second, does anyone have an ARB on another Land Rover that they can measure? Specifically I'd want to know width and the critical dimensions for the hoops to make sure if I adapted another that the headlights would not be covered.

Thanks!
    Yes, we will have pics up soon. Our design looks like a factory bumper, has a hidden winch mount, but easy to operate. We paint to factory body color or powder coat. Stay tuned!

Quote Originally Posted by whatroad View Post
    Yes, we will have pics up soon. Our design looks like a factory bumper, has a hidden winch mount, but easy to operate. We paint to factory body color or powder coat. Stay tuned!
    Cool!

Looking forward to seeing it. PM sent.
    Jon D. Holder
    2003 Range Rover HSE - the plushmobile - 2" Computer Lift, PowerTank, Custom Rear Bumper with Spare Tire, Jerry Can, Ax, Shovel and Hi-Lift Mount, Sliders, Cobra, Hella 4000's - 2007 AT Chaser Trailer

Carey is a cool dude all things considered being from Maine and all
    "May God have mercy on my enemies because I won't" General George S. Patton

1983 Defender 110 Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by ArmyRover View Post
    Carey is a cool dude all things considered being from Maine and all
    I can tell!! He's already PM'd me.

It's too bad he's just about AS FAR AWAY from me as possible! I live in southern California.
    Jon D. Holder

Quote Originally Posted by jdholder View Post
    I can tell!! He's already PM'd me.

It's too bad he's just about AS FAR AWAY from me as possible! I live in southern California.
    Well, I have been in the mood for a road trip....

Thanks Bill for the kind words...... so how's it going flatlander?

I'm not sure you'd know how to drive down here in SoCal. We don't have ANY of that white stuff on the roads. We have traction!! And TRAFFIC!!
    Jon D. Holder

With the radiator and other plumbing there isn't much tucking that can be done on a MkIII front.

Quote Originally Posted by stu454 View Post
    With the radiator and other plumbing there isn't much tucking that can be done on a MkIII front.
    Correct. Tucking.... not so much, but refinement, yes. There is some room. I did a lot of *head scratching* for quite a while. Pics will be coming.

Thanks Bill for the kind words...... so how's it going flatlander?
    Not bad, but the Family and I still miss New England with a passion. When I retire in 8 years we're coming back and staying for good.
    "May God have mercy on my enemies because I won't" General George S. Patton

1983 Defender 110 Wagon