Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2011 National Rally

2011 National Rally

The Land Rover National Rally will be held in Breckenridge, Colorado on August 2nd through August 6th 2011.

Mike M

never to early to put a plan in place!
    It's about people and the Land Rovers that own them.
    01 DII : 95 RRC LWB : 88 RRC SWB

I went to the LRNR website and was reading what they had about the event. Other than trail rides, what else takes place at these? Is it family friendly? I was thinking of going this year with the wife and kids (5 and 3).

Colin

Rally events

Quote Originally Posted by cnfowler View Post
    I went to the LRNR website and was reading what they had about the event. Other than trail rides, what else takes place at these? Is it family friendly? I was thinking of going this year with the wife and kids (5 and 3).

Colin
    Lots of people bring their kids. The more the merrier!

There will be a cocktail party on Wednesday evening and a banquet on Saturday. Friday is a free day with no scheduled trail runs, so that you have time for tourist stuff or other activities. Friday evening is the vendor expo and raffle. There is usually a jumping castle or other activities for kids at the vendor event.

The LRNR site is still being updated, so check back for changes and new info. Online registration should be available in March.

Mike M
    Registration Coordinator
    2011 Land Rover National Rally

I am working on the wife to come/let me go......it's a long drive from CA with kids in tow...

After this year in Moab, my first NR, I can tell you that dogs/kids/wife/father...I don't care, they will have a great time. Mike and everyone with the Society put on a heck of a rally.
    It's about people and the Land Rovers that own them.
    01 DII : 95 RRC LWB : 88 RRC SWB

Thanks, guys. I'll keep checking the website. Sounds like it will be fun!

Colin

Don't forget the fun of working on your truck late into the night!

Its a great time and totally family friendly. If you want to see the sites though I'd take some time before and after the Rally to do it. The trail days(at least in Moab) were long days that didn't leave much room for anything except dinner and some socializing in the evening. Hope to see you there.

Breck... Hmm that should be interesting
    Aaron

"Life is to be lived.If you have to support yourself, you had bloddy well better find some way that is going to be interesting....And you don't do that by sitting around wondering about yourself"
    -Katherine Hepburn

hey im going forsure anybody from ca wanna meet up and convoy out their
    1995 discovery, 2 inch lift, safari gaurd sliders front and rear bumpers, terrafirma rear arms, hd steering big bore shocks and front shock towers, bfg's alot more to come

Locked and Loaded

Already registered and have lodging.Can't wait.Flyfish,Whitewater raft and off roading all in same day.Going out early and be Rocky mtn high.
    97 D1 SE7 3"RTE lift 285/75/16 Cooper STT"s Rockstar bumps and sliders SD rack Hella's Ramsey winch RTE HD steering ARB locker(s) GBR rear axles RT HD front axles/cvs(and)RT rear links and more and more.......

"Now that's a tasty burger!" Samuel Jackson in PulpFiction