Thread: Democratic Republic of Congo

Democratic Republic of Congo

One of the best threads in a long time! Great trip report. It took the better chunk of my Sunday to read, but worth every minute. I read only the OP's posts so I may have missed quality additions from the Peanut Gallery. Enjoy

http://www.expeditionportal.com/foru...ad.php?t=50799
    Sasquatch Rods, GoodYear Wrangler MTR 275/65/18, ARB BullBar, EP9.0, Hella 4000's Cornering

I read the whole thing a while ago. Definitely a good read. Took me forever to read through it. Funny thing was I stumbled across that forum and the thread. Little did I know I would be in front of the computer for the whole day. It was like a good book - I just couldn't "put it down".

Colin

Man I read that starting about a month ago. Waiting for them to add posts was a killer! What an amazing story. Worth the time folks if you need a good read. Plus if you are just finding it you wont have to check expo every five minutes to get another fix, uh I mean to see if they posted the next installment!

Daniel

WOW What a great read. nice find!!
    NCLR VP HAM KJ7RRC
    93 LWB RRC 3 inch rte lt-230, 35x12.5/15 bfg km2, GBR 4.14 with trutracs front and rear, Rovertracks front Hd axles and cv's, Ashcroft Hd rear axles,
    Rte rear trailing arms,Warn 8k, Custom bumpers front and rear, Flowmaster exhaust ,custom sliders GRB F+R driveshaft, RTE steering links. 12 in Bilstien 7100's

On page 10. Out of pop corn. And have to go back to work. Will continue later. Good find D!
    NCLR BOD www.nclrclub.org

SPOT Adventures: http://www.spotadventures.com/user/p...?user_id=47904

Tread Lightly Trainer

2004 Java Black D2 SE7 "Family AUV" - All-Around Utility Vehicle

1990 CT D110 "Support and Touring Vehicle"

1990 White RRC - Dedicated "Trail Rig"

that was great!
    95 RRC SWB
    95 RRC SWB
    95 RRC LWB
    95 RRC Trailer
    89 e30

It took me many hours, over the course of two days, to read it all. Even then I read only a few of the readers' comments (many of which were inane). Loved the saga and am keen to read the rest of the not-yet-posted de-briefing. I've found some other interesting stuff on EP, too. Thanks for turning me on to this--I joined so I could browse it all. I found this really interesting link (to a French 4x4 blog) on EP; it has great photos of what must be about every model and configuration of the beloved Unimog.

Granville aka Gran or Granny
    '06 LR3 SE7 V8
    North California Wine Country
    http://home.comcast.net/~teacupfarm/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by Granny View Post
    Even then I read only a few of the readers' comments (many of which were inane).
    Unfortunately EP is getting a lot of haters, the membership base ballooned recently. If you want to read inane comments, i highly recommend dweb and EE.

-Sam