Thread: Tail Light Converter Diagram

Tail Light Converter Diagram

Hi,
    I have a 2005 LR3 and I am living in Dubai. I recently had the car wired for a boat trailer but the electrician could not get the break lights working but only the running and signal lights.
    I read in a couple of posts reference to the tail light converter but living in Dubai they don't have the Autozones and Pepboys that I am used to in the states . does anyone have any diagram of what needs to be done to get the signal to go from the tail light to the trailer. I understand that the break and signal lights are separate on the car but together on the trailer.

Thanks,
    Mike

has anyone read this yet?
    I finaly bought a trailer kit for the LR3 2005 model and in the process of installing it. the plug on the trailer is a 5 pin where the one ont the kit is 4, would it make any difference?

thanks.

do you know if the trailer has separate turn and.brake lights?
    NCLR VP HAM KJ7RRC
    93 LWB RRC 3 inch rte lt-230, 35x12.5/15 bfg km2, GBR 4.14 with trutracs front and rear, Rovertracks front Hd axles and cv's, Ashcroft Hd rear axles,
    Rte rear trailing arms,Warn 8k, Custom bumpers front and rear, Flowmaster exhaust ,custom sliders GRB F+R driveshaft, RTE steering links. 12 in Bilstien 7100's

Quote Originally Posted by mrifai View Post
    has anyone read this yet?
    I finaly bought a trailer kit for the LR3 2005 model and in the process of installing it. the plug on the trailer is a 5 pin where the one ont the kit is 4, would it make any difference?

thanks.
    the 5th pin is for the reverse lockout solenoid. It disengages the surge brakes when you put the truck into reverse. Cut off the 4pin plug, wire on a 5wire plug. run extra wire (should be blue) to your reverse lights, and tap there.