Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: How many mile does your disco have?

I have 138k on my 02 disco. It has had the head gaskets done, new ds, and that's about it. Runs strong, and I always say this was built on one of the good days. I also have a 94 disco with 193k, new hg, transmission, and tc. Mine 96 disco had well over 210k on original head gasket and trans and pretty much everything but the heater core. Dunno they just need the right owner's through out there life I guess.

my '04 D2 has 68k on it. major repairs include head gaskets, new main seal, new fan clutch assembly, new radiator. then there are the other replacements like mass airflow sensor, rebuilt front shaft, ignition wires, spark plugs, and resealing everything that leaked (diffs, trans, etc). i now need at least 2 o2 sensors replaced. it never ends!
    2004 Disco II SE

My D2 2002 has 81,700 miles on it, all are mine and my wife we got the truck new form the dealer! (8500 are from driving twice to Moab!). Upgraded suspension & steering damper to the Ironman and replaced the gasket on the rocker cover. But now we are leaking from the driver side...
    CAMEL 4x4
    everything you need for your Rover

We have three Discos here.

Mine is the oldest, it is a '96 with 191k on it. It runs well and has had the head gasket job done on it by a previous owner.

The oldest son has a '98 with about 150K. A head gasket job was done on it last winter.

The wife has an '03 with 120k and I am in the process of doing the gasket thing on it now.

182,659 still running strong

2000 D2 with little over 308,000!!!!

I've owned it since Augest '10 and have put a bit of work into it. Although the engine had the head gasket done a year before.

A few of the things I've done
    Swaped in coils in the rear,
    some new hoses under the hood,
    plugs and wires
    rear door actulator

Things needing to be done:
    new bushings
    shocks
    coils all around maybe

160,000 Km

In the 2 years I have owned it I have.

Done the heads

Replaced the engine

Hub Assys

Brake job

Rear diff

ABS Mod repairs

Brake lines

Shocks

Springs

Leaks in roof

A/C condenser

Etc. etc. etc.

Nightmare!
    My DII Owns Me.

I'm at 96,000 now and my coolant bottle keeps creeping down. I am getting random 3 amigos that go away when I shut the truck off. The PS pump is hanging in there, I think it has more additives in it than fluid now.

Alternator bearings are shot.

Diffs are in tough shape, the TC kicks their butts in the heavy mud with the 33's. I am finding small pieces of spider gear stuck to the magnets and a plume of filings that looks like a medium sized metallic mushroom. Can't wait for one of those to STB.

The truck still runs like a top though!
    2001 D2, 2" RTE lift w/OME nitrochargers, Mantec Snorkel w/leaky airbox, Bottorf Winch Bumper w/XRT10 winch, 4 Hella 500's on a Home Depot light bar, 285/75/16 Treadwright Backbones (Toyo M/T Casing), lots of scratches and leaks.

Exaust

Ball joints

Track Bar

Power steering pump and line

Heated seat pad

watts linkage

anti sway links
    My DII Owns Me.

2003 HSE7

48K miles
    - Replace pads (Hawk LTS)
    - Amigos (Josh's Mod)
    - T-body gasket
    - Driveshaft conversion

Needs passenger door regulator fixed/ Driver door actuator replaced/ Cruise Control fixed as far as maintenance.