Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 61

Thread: My custom LED interior lighting. Check it out.

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    218
    Hey all,

    Well I have upgraded a ton of my lights in my car with LEDs as of this point. But for the Red LED mod, the cost for all the LEDs and the switch was around $25, thats not including shipping... (only about $7 for that) So for my Red LED mod I am pleased with the amount of money I spent.
    Have a look at this... These are two of the four Red LEDs, I have three of the long type (flood light), and only the one oval LED (The Spot light).





    I have replaced my normal incandescent type bulbs in my overhead dome lights with this LED... From www.superbrightleds.com it is the 3710-xHP3 Cool white. They were around $16 for two. I have one up front and one in the rear dome light. I wish now I would have bought the 3710-xHP6 for the rear. The light in the back is great now with the LED I have installed. But after having installing it, I realized it would have been smarter to buy the LED with the six SMD LEDs. Just for the fact it would add more light. Look at my pic below. That is with the LED with only three SMD LEDs. Its %100 better than the stock bulb!!!




    This is in the Front... The LED gives you a nice white. Too bright at night while driving, that is why I love the Red LEDS!


    Now, up front with the Red LEDs switched on... (sorry for the bad quality, its hard to take a picture of RED... hehe)



    And for my headlights. I bought two of the WLED-xHP9-T. They were the most expensive at around $13 each. But they look great!! Just have a look at this pic...

    Last edited by Coldwater; 11-13-2010 at 10:15 PM.
    2000 Disco II SE7.

    UPGRADES!!!
    Added HIDs! 35watt 4500K! <--NICE!
    Did some nice interior LEDs Link to Thread
    Installed CB Radio... talkin to truckers...
    Installed 3" Terrafirma Lift Kit from Justin at Lucky8! Nice!
    Tires... 265/75/16 Treadwright Guard Dogs!!!! AWESOME TIRE!!! I RECOMMEND Treadwright!!!

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Chicago IL
    Posts
    843
    so where did you find the headlight bulbs at?
    "May God have mercy on my enemies because I won't" General George S. Patton

    1983 Defender 110 Wagon

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Ripon, Ca. (That's not England chaps)
    Posts
    1,514
    Any chance of photographing the headlight pattern on a wall? I find many people that upgrade their bulbs end up with way too much stray light which blinds on-coming traffic (and is illegal in our state - even though it's never enforced). eBay is jammed with cheap LED headlight bulbs so I'm trying to figure out how much legal bulbs will set me back.

    Bill of Green Achers Farms
    Adventure for fellow Geeks! Geocaching
    Land Rover Repair Manual - Download Site
    1. 1996 Discovery I - Yet to be named
    2. 1998 Discovery I - "Kermit"
    3. 2000 Discovery II - Parts Donor


  4. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    218
    Quote Originally Posted by ArmyRover View Post
    so where did you find the headlight bulbs at?
    There must be some misunderstanding... I did not upgrade my headlight bulbs. They are still the stock H7 bulb. I changed my running lights. They are the #194 bulb inside the headlight, the small bulb. Got them from www.superbrightleds.com The LEDs do not produce much extra light, just a blue white glow. They do however produce enough light to rover around a little in the dark... I have a few old pics I can show you of when I did the upgrade... I will try and take a pic on the wall later tonight...




    (This is not the headlight; only the running lights and fog lights)
    Last edited by Coldwater; 11-14-2010 at 04:11 PM.
    2000 Disco II SE7.

    UPGRADES!!!
    Added HIDs! 35watt 4500K! <--NICE!
    Did some nice interior LEDs Link to Thread
    Installed CB Radio... talkin to truckers...
    Installed 3" Terrafirma Lift Kit from Justin at Lucky8! Nice!
    Tires... 265/75/16 Treadwright Guard Dogs!!!! AWESOME TIRE!!! I RECOMMEND Treadwright!!!

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Chicago IL
    Posts
    843
    yeah I was one of the confused ones lol, you were right Brett.
    "May God have mercy on my enemies because I won't" General George S. Patton

    1983 Defender 110 Wagon

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Ripon, Ca. (That's not England chaps)
    Posts
    1,514
    Me too. Confused that was. Love the bulb changes regardless but most interested in good headlight bulbs.

    Bill of Green Achers Farms
    Adventure for fellow Geeks! Geocaching
    Land Rover Repair Manual - Download Site
    1. 1996 Discovery I - Yet to be named
    2. 1998 Discovery I - "Kermit"
    3. 2000 Discovery II - Parts Donor


  7. #17
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Lake Villa, IL
    Posts
    449
    Quote Originally Posted by ArmyRover View Post
    yeah I was one of the confused ones lol, you were right Brett.
    I'll let it slide this time.

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    218
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Achers View Post
    Any chance of photographing the headlight pattern on a wall? I find many people that upgrade their bulbs end up with way too much stray light which blinds on-coming traffic (and is illegal in our state - even though it's never enforced). eBay is jammed with cheap LED headlight bulbs so I'm trying to figure out how much legal bulbs will set me back.

    Here you go... Not really on a wall but I think you can see what they look like. Keep in mind that these LEDs are the ONLY LIGHTS in the area, so there is no other competing light source. They are not bright enough to be seen on the road at night with city street lights, they do glow a little on the ground though...



    2000 Disco II SE7.

    UPGRADES!!!
    Added HIDs! 35watt 4500K! <--NICE!
    Did some nice interior LEDs Link to Thread
    Installed CB Radio... talkin to truckers...
    Installed 3" Terrafirma Lift Kit from Justin at Lucky8! Nice!
    Tires... 265/75/16 Treadwright Guard Dogs!!!! AWESOME TIRE!!! I RECOMMEND Treadwright!!!

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Lake Villa, IL
    Posts
    449
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldwater View Post
    Hey all,

    Well I have upgraded a ton of my lights in my car with LEDs as of this point. But for the Red LED mod, the cost for all the LEDs and the switch was around $25, thats not including shipping... (only about $7 for that) So for my Red LED mod I am pleased with the amount of money I spent.
    Have a look at this... These are two of the four Red LEDs, I have three of the long type (flood light), and only the one oval LED (The Spot light).





    I have replaced my normal incandescent type bulbs in my overhead dome lights with this LED... From www.superbrightleds.com it is the 3710-xHP3 Cool white. They were around $16 for two. I have one up front and one in the rear dome light. I wish now I would have bought the 3710-xHP6 for the rear. The light in the back is great now with the LED I have installed. But after having installing it, I realized it would have been smarter to buy the LED with the six SMD LEDs. Just for the fact it would add more light. Look at my pic below. That is with the LED with only three SMD LEDs. Its %100 better than the stock bulb!!!




    This is in the Front... The LED gives you a nice white. Too bright at night while driving, that is why I love the Red LEDS!


    Now, up front with the Red LEDs switched on... (sorry for the bad quality, its hard to take a picture of RED... hehe)



    And for my headlights. I bought two of the WLED-xHP9-T. They were the most expensive at around $13 each. But they look great!! Just have a look at this pic...

    Ok, question for you. The bulbs you replaced in the headlights, those are the "city" lights, correct? How did you get those to illuminate by themselves? Are they also Daytime Running Lamps?

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    218
    You know what, Im not really sure what they call them, Daytime running lights or City Lights. I call them Daytime Running lights. You can activate them when you turn your light control to the first click. The second click is obviously your headlights.

    Just a little side note I just discovered a few weeks ago. When you are locking your Disco with the remote. If you continue to hold the lock button for about 20sec the headlights will turn on for about 1min then shut off.
    2000 Disco II SE7.

    UPGRADES!!!
    Added HIDs! 35watt 4500K! <--NICE!
    Did some nice interior LEDs Link to Thread
    Installed CB Radio... talkin to truckers...
    Installed 3" Terrafirma Lift Kit from Justin at Lucky8! Nice!
    Tires... 265/75/16 Treadwright Guard Dogs!!!! AWESOME TIRE!!! I RECOMMEND Treadwright!!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •