Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My custom LED interior lighting. Check it out.

Thumbs up My custom LED interior lighting. Check it out.

Hello, hello,

I wanted to share and show off my custom interior LED lighting! Its all RED! I wanted a Military aircraft nighttime red light feel. You know what I mean? Have a look.

I love it! Turned out better than I dreamed it would! I bought all my LEDs for great prices at www.superbrightleds.com. This is all thanks to Memoryfoam, he introduced me to the site and planted the seed.

I have a total of 4 RED LEDs. Three flood and one spot. Here's how I have them set up. I have two flood lights mounted inside the over head dome light. Then I have the spot light mounted under the sunroof motor tap. This light is the only one that kinda sticks out. Its the only LED I have exposed. For the project I wanted a nice and clean factory feel and a little stealthy. This is the only light that rubs me the wrong way, aesthetically. Everything else is super great!
    The last LED I have is under the climate control and cup holder. It lights up the gear selectors just right.

Thanks for checking out my LED mod . I have a few more photos in my Photo Album, you can see a little more detail on the work done.

EDIT: Read on, I added more pics on the 2nd page... and a few more pages. Enjoy
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails All-LEDs-DONE.jpg   All-LEDs-DONE2.jpg   All-LEDs-DONE4.jpg   DSC_0015.jpg   DSC_0023.jpg  

DSC_0031.jpg   DSC_0034.jpg   DSC_0050.jpg   DSC_0053.jpg   DSC_0056.jpg  

Last edited by Coldwater; 03-14-2012 at 10:09 AM.
    2000 Disco II SE7.

UPGRADES!!!
    Added HIDs! 35watt 4500K! <--NICE!
    Did some nice interior LEDs Link to Thread
    Installed CB Radio... talkin to truckers...
    Installed 3" Terrafirma Lift Kit from Justin at Lucky8! Nice!
    Tires... 265/75/16 Treadwright Guard Dogs!!!! AWESOME TIRE!!! I RECOMMEND Treadwright!!!

I like the way that looks. Thanks for sharing. I've actually been toying with the same idea. Now I think I'll go ahead and do it after seeing how it can come out.

Thanks, after having it installed now for a few weeks, I gotta tell you. I love it! Its so nice. People that get in my car ask if its stock. I some times drive around with them on at night, because they are so nice to have and they look great. I cant tell you how glad I am to have done this mod. I recommend you spend about $20 on some LEDs and do it also.
    Last edited by Coldwater; 10-17-2010 at 05:56 PM.
    2000 Disco II SE7.

UPGRADES!!!
    Tires... 265/75/16 Treadwright Guard Dogs!!!! AWESOME TIRE!!! I RECOMMEND Treadwright!!!

Looks like alot of work...
    Discovery II, OME 2'' Lift, Obummer sticker...

Quote Originally Posted by blubryyum View Post
    Perhaps, but the outcome is tight. Other than the gear selector light and red stand alone unit its just a matter of swapping bulbs.
    This is going to be (one of)my winter project.

Quote Originally Posted by blubryyum View Post

NAA... It was not bad at all. The over head lights were easy, super easy however, the gear selector light was more time consuming only because I had to remove the dash to run the wire properly. Doing the overhead lights took me about 2hrs, thats removing the map holder, cutting the holes, and reinstalling everything. I used some strong double sided tape to hold the LEDs. This is very simple, very cheap and fun. The result is outstanding!

I know if you could see my lights in person, you would fall in love the moment I switch the power on.

fishEH, I hope you do this also. That would be SWEET!!
    2000 Disco II SE7.

UPGRADES!!!

that pretty cool setup i like that.
    1997 D1 6" lift 33" bumpers, glasspack ,HID's
    comming soon Sliders, toy conversion,35"s

If you don't mind me asking, what was the total parts cost for this?

this is for my 04 disco..

what bulbs didnt you replace-rather which ones shouldnt be converted to led, and why?

why did you run more wires, just for new lamps? or did you feel the wattage on teh leds was too high for stock wires?

Parking light
    Front turn signal
    Rear turn signal
    Tail light
    Stop light
    High mount stop light
    Fog/Driving light
    H11
    License plate
    Back up light
    Front sidemarker
    2825 Glove box
    Map light
    DE3175
    Dome light
    Step/Courtesy light
    Trunk/Cargo area
    Last edited by gmookher; 11-12-2010 at 09:25 PM.
    ESTP

Gem, I think he only replaced the front and rear dome lights and city lights. He also added a small LED under the cupholders, two additional lights in the fron dome, and a red led outside of the front dome; all of which required some additional wiring. For basic led's like these there should be no need to upgrade any wiring. LED's are very efficient and actually draw less than a standard buld. There's a possibility that using LED's for turn signal bulbs will cause the fast flash because there isn't enough resistance and the computer thinks there's a bulb burnt out.
    I was going to pop one of these into my cargo area:
    http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-b...2FBA15-ARA.htm
    But I decided it wasn't worth the $15 because it wouldn't illuminate enough of the area.
    My shopping list from there right now stands at about $60 and includes city lights, both dome lights, a couple green LED's for the CDL shifter area, and two 6-LED modules for the cargo area.